Tabouli - Mediterranean Salad

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by shravs3, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for the recipe, @shravs3. I'm a fan of Mediterranean cuisine, too. :)

nandinimithun and shravs3 like this.
  2. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks @Amica. Just read that Mediterranean diet is named as best diet for 2019 :banana::cheer:
    Planning to follow :p

nandinimithun and Amica like this.
  3. Gallant

Gallant Silver IL'ite

My dinner is Mediterranean food only on most of the days...good way to keep weight in control...a perfect vegan food.
    My favorites are: hummus, baba ganoush, tabouli, grape leaves, roasted cauliflower, kidney beans, garbanzo beans, falafel and garlic sauce. Yummy...yummy.

shravs3 likes this.
  4. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

• Bulgur wheat comes in several grades of particle size. Buy the fine(st) grade for this recipe.
    • Bulgur should be soaked in water; if it is a larger particle size Bulgur, the soaking time has to increase, or you might want to steam it to something like "upma" before it becomes a Tabouli salad.
    For those who cannot eat food without a hint of desi-ness about it, Bulgur (medium and coarse) grades are perfect replacements for sooji in a Upma recipe.

Tadka with ghee (or....olive oil) , mustard seeds, cumin, green chilis, ginger, curry leaves, and cashew nuts. Then reduce heat, and add Bulgur, and turn it over to roast lightly. Add water, and salt and make your upma. When the upma is close to "done". add finely chopped parsley, Mint, and the juiced lime. After the heat is completely off, serve with finely chopped cucumbers....if you happened to have cucumbers. Or go with sambhar or chutney.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    shravs3 and nandinimithun like this.
  5. beautyfull

beautyfull New IL'ite

Thank you for sharing the recipe.

shravs3 likes this.
  6. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Here is my DHs version of Tabouli, Saturday special :cool:. Needless to say it’s very yummy with the addition of Avocadoes .He was kind enough to serve it on my bed as I was lazy to cook :facepalm:. This happens once in blue moon though :tearsofjoy:

1FBF28DF-7FDB-4E08-BC8F-9CCD9FB878F9.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  7. radhapillai

radhapillai Senior IL'ite

looks great...

shravs3 likes this.