1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Whispers Of Love

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by blackbeauty84, Jul 16, 2018.

1. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

yes yes she needs to be clear of what she wants..you will have to wait for one more chapter to get Harini's version

2. blackbeauty84

Chapter-35

Dev

‘Is this done then?’ I asked tightening the screws of our just assembled baby crib. Ramya is 38 weeks now and according to the doctor baby is in right position and there is a good chance of vaginal delivery. That weekend I went for shopping with Ramya for baby essentials though we got few things pre-loved.

Though I’m well paid in Evolution, our purse strings are bit tight as I spent almost all of my savings in booking an apartment. Apartment will be handed over in an year and I will have to save before the actual EMI starts. I’m currently in the rented accommodation and my mother in law has moved in with us.

Ramya stretched herself in the bed and I started massaging her legs.

‘Feels heavenly…Look how the bastard is kicking..’ she said pointing to the movement in her huge pregnant belly.

‘It will be a Princess..You look beautiful..’ I said. Ramya looked glowing and happy. I wanted a girl and she wanted a boy, we kept arguing about it.

‘Stage is completely set. Main character is to arrive..’ she said, looking at the baby things in our room. I glanced at the huge collage it consisted of photos from our early days of marriage till the baby shower. In that was a photograph of me and Srikanth taken in our trip abroad.

‘Dev, do you want to call up your parents? It’s their grand-child after all?’ Ramya asked again.

‘Why do you keep asking this knowing how my parents are? They have said as per them I’m no more...’ I said chiding her.

‘ Okay.. your choice.. I don’t want them to miss on their grandchild .What’s up in office otherwise?’ she asked trying to change the topic.

‘Hell lot of work as we are pursuing for three deals. Rajib is traveling tomorrow and I will be supporting from here. Once the paternity leave is over I’m planning to connect from home for few days.’ I said.

‘Better be…’ Ramya said. In next two hours she woke me up saying she is feeling uneasy. By the time we reached the hospital her water broke down. I held her hand as she delivered the baby and man what an experience it was.

It was a baby boy. Ramya and my mother-in-law were over the moon. Since hospital room prohibited men from staying at night, I went back home and returned after few hours of sleep.

‘So what are we going to call him? Amma consulted astrologer..name has to start in V’ she said.

We were brain storming the names when Srikanth messaged me asking whether he can visit us now in our whatsapp group.

‘Sure suggest me a name starting with V’ I messaged in group.

‘Vivaan..’ Rajib messaged. ‘I hope your boy turns out as naughty as Vivaan and keeps you on check..’

‘Don’t ask me..we had hair pulling session while deciding my little man’s name..’ Sameer messaged. His son name is Kabir Krishnan and I know he took days arriving at that.

Vithuran..’ messaged Srikanth

When I read it loud Ramya lifted her head up. ‘I used to like his character in Mahabaratha..Why not?’ Ramya said.

‘ I like the sound of it..’ I said.

‘Vithuran Dev Anand.. sounds good.’ Ramya nodded her head happily and thus he was called as.

When Srikanth visited us hours later with Sameer he was overjoyed that his choice became my boy’s name.

Regarding Vithuran..I know he is going to become a party boy. He starts crying at 11pm at night and goes on till 2am. By the end of one month all of us at home were sleep deprived.

Advantage of having an understanding boss and company is Rajib gave me absolute flexibility in terms of working.I logged in from home to the maximum extent possible and that evening I went to office to check on few things. Office was almost empty as it was a weekend which enabled me work peacefully. I took a dinner break and sat back at my desk as I had lot of pending work. I heard some noise only to notice Sagar talking with admin team saying AC is not working in his cabin. He sat diagonally opposite from my work desk and I know he cannot see me.

‘Why are you sitting here?’ sounded a familiar voice and I know this was our company chairman who was checking on Sagar.

Sagar conveyed about the AC problem hearing with chairman said ‘So what’s it I’m hearing about you and Ajitha? I know you took a vacation together. Is this going serious?’ chairman asked. Ajitha is my super boss and Rajib reports to her. Sometime back Srikanth was saying Sagar is dating Ajitha.

‘Nothing serious..we are just having some fun..’ Sagar said casually.

‘Does she know it’s just for fun?’ Chairman asked and Sagar remained silent.

‘This must stop Sagar. I’m not bothered about rumors floating around but what if she develops something serious for you and leaves the company knowing the real you. First this is not a way to treat a woman and second I can’t lose both my star employees. If you are serious let me know, I’ll do the necessary so that things are smooth..’ chairman said firmly.

‘No chief..you know I’m not a committing person..’

‘Then end up things before it becomes tough to handle.’ He ordered.

That was the moment my mobile chose to rang as Ramya called me.

‘Who is that?’ Chairman asked and I went towards them.

‘What are you doing at this hour Dev? We thought floor is empty..’ Sagar asked.If they were worried about me overhearing their conversation, they didn't show it.

While I responded to Sagar chairman took leave of us. I started immediately as I have almost completed the work. I was yawning while taking my bike it was then someone appeared as driver came to me and said sir is calling you. I went to see which sir was that and found it was chairman.

‘Dev, you appear tired. I saw you yawning several times either rest in office dormitory and go after few hours else I’ll drop you.’ Chairman said.

I hesitated as I wasn’t comfortable with either option. ‘Where do you stay?’ he asked and when I replied ‘He asked me to get inside the car.’ I couldn’t resist it.

‘No sleep driving Dev. It’s pretty dangerous..’ he advised.

Even at such an odd hour he kept getting several office calls. When he dropped me at house Ramya was standing outside the house with Vithuran. I never expected chairman would personally get down to see the baby.Despite our protests he handed Rs.2000 in baby’s hand and left his way.

My respect for him grew multiple times that night.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
    Sweetynila, periamma, Adharv and 12 others like this.
  3. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Again and again jai is impressing me... Where is hari and srika encounter. Eagerly awaited.

4. Rampuri9

Rampuri9 Silver IL'ite

Lovely updated BB. I expected that Jai would accept srika's choice. me too waiting for the encounter of S & H

5. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

6. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Dev is definitely lucky to work for them .. :clap2:
    Nice episode !

7. ammusatheesh

ammusatheesh Gold IL'ite

Thats so nice of Jai....vithuran good name

8. creativemumma

BB eagerly waiting for Harini's version and to know what padmini is up to

9. blackbeauty84

Very hectic in office. Will try to post an episode this weekend.

Adharv likes this.
  10. creativemumma