Gabfest: And Thereby Hangs A Tail

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Cimorene, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Just reading about your day makes me feel good! : )

mangaii, Anusha2917 and girvani like this.
  2. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear Rihana @Rihana,

Thank you so much. It is so true. My many days are just ordinary days. I seemed to see the beauty of these days in the recent past so much and I am happy and content how these days take shape on its own.
    Vani

mangaii and Anusha2917 like this.
  3. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

I totally agree. I felt good too. @mangaii

mangaii and Gauri03 like this.
  4. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

Thanks @Gauri03 - You are truly an inspiration to many people here. You touch many people's life with your profound insight. I hope one day I become well read like you.
    @girvani I love all your post in 100 days positivity thread.

Gauri03 and girvani like this.
  5. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations Viswa sir to both proud parents and to your son.
    All the best for a wonderful future :thumbup:

Anusha2917, Gauri03 and Viswamitra like this.
  6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Lakshmi,

Thank you for your kind message and wishes.

jskls likes this.
  7. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

@salad and @mangaii ,

I happened to be online and noticed that you both have liked my latest post in Positivity thread.

Few years ago, out of some devilry, I lost interest in "like" button. As such I blabber tireless and on top of that to advent my presence with another marker of a like was superfluous. I felt the "like" gesture was too shadowing for the flibbertigibbet in me. Only for me not talking about others!

The regular members sense my antics in IL, hence they are overlooking of my depletion in niceties.

Often told and reminded and forewarned by kind interlocutors that we compete in a world of reciprocal altruism where attention begets attention. In other words, for someone to like me I must also have liked them. I have often speculated of such implicit courtesy, willing to hazard, well-braced if no one likes me as I wander around in finicky opinions to edgy posts.

But when I notice passingly known members halt to "like" on a post of mine, I am tipped to believe that though we still live in a networked world of predominantly reciprocal behaviorism, every now and then if someone retracts to transgress in their uncivil disposition, then the world isn't small-minded to ignore them.

Your "like" just affirmed my belief that hearty and easened people are understanding of letting others be themselves and are not influenced in their companionable interaction with a weigh-in of reciprocity. I might not click like or display any overt correspondence of your free-hearted gesture but wanted to inform you ladies that I do read your cheerful updates in Positivity as time permits even with no asserted footprint.

8. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

The latest cherishing of the forward was to do with a disputation in IL?

Wanted to record this question-thought even while keeping my fingers crossed than an answer wouldn't be supplied.

9. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

Not IL, on the personal front of being an emboldened immigrant to modest thinkers back home who already cut me a lot of slack for my wayward gumption. She is a bold and boundless thinker! I am not too bound by native strictures nor too swayed by western uplift. More of ...should not butt my head and impinge my deliverance onto rotten deadlock that precariously tilts on cultural disparity ...to their ...you are radically westernized so you don't get the Indian point of view. Hence 'the unfamiliarity with the value-system (rooted indian) in question'. May be they are right!

Back home: isn’t literally my family home. A general topic amidst familiar people back in India about prospects of an arrangement that does not involve or concern me yet was intrigued by their action.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    Rihana likes this.
  10. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

You've been on my mind since yesterday. For what it's worth, wanted you to know that a stranger on the Internet is rooting for you. If you feel the need to chew someone's ears off, I'm a patient listener. Hang in there.

kaniths and Viswamitra like this.