1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

What’s The Current “fashion Trend” In India?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by anika987, Feb 18, 2019.

1. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Yes you can wear a long kurta on palazzos they are still in trend

anika987 and Lalithambigai like this.
  2. babycouture

babycouture New IL'ite

Indian fashion trends are getting better every year, be it the clothing or the accessories. It has been observed that the latest fashion statements have arrived with a mix of 70’s to 90’s with the modern outfits.

So if you are all set to go for a shopping to pick up the best attire for upcoming weddings, festivals or parties, be prepared to find some never expected combinations.

anika987 likes this.
  3. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Floor length kurtas are ok to wear even now..with palazzos or leggings..
    Western and Indian wear are both worn here...depending on age, lifestyle, work culture etc..
    I don't think you'll face much issues..if u shop at any leading relail outlet you'll find the latest designs..
    Last but not the least, when you have spent so much money last time on these kurtis etc why do you wanna waste the money? Use them again during this trip also na, apart from a few new purchases...max u would stay few weeks or a month right..
    You could buy a few accessories to go with them..
    And do mix and match with different combinations of top and bottom...
    I understand you're settled in U.S..so it would make sense for you to invest more money on western and ethnic wear only if you're going to take them and use them in the U.S. Also..either for casual or festive or Indian community events..
    Last but not the least you should create your individual style by wearing what you like and feel comfy in and look good in, rather than following trends..
    Just my opinion.

Kera and anika987 like this.
  4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Well said.
    Last trip I got greedy and brought gorgeous long Kurtas in a bulk.Maximum
    Wore once or twice here...this time will be wise but as you said I will wear them this trip.

Those look took long like a dress so was thinking..

Needtobestrong likes this.
  5. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Just open Amazon India and flipkart website and check the latest collections on ethnic wear..( I mentioned as I shop in these two only..I don't use other shopping websites like Myntra..just my personal preference..) ..
    Floor length tops are still so much in demand..
    It's your wish whether you want to wear them like a dress or team up with leggings or palazzo bottoms...( u could wear them as a set here and as a dress abroad ) .

Anusuya and anika987 like this.
  6. Kera

Kera Gold IL'ite

What is NOT IN FASHION? I look at desi website and everything seems to be there from churidhar to straight pant to palazzo to skirts...and same with tops.. long short and everything in middle.

I am in USA but I live near desi community and have large family that I do wear casual kameez often but not enough to use all my clothes. Some of my dress are really old but they are in good condition & I feel bad throwing them out or putting them in donation bin because most American place are not going to value my desi wear. So I really want to learn to
    1) mix and match different kameez. I don't have many individual piece, most are part of 3 piece suits but it will be nice to change the lock and mix/match. But everything i try feels like its wrong and i always end up wearing the same monochromatic outfit i originally purchesed
    2) I am trying to be minimalist and i am having some luck managing my western wear to minimal but my desi clothes are out of control because a) I don't wear them enough and 2) can't donate them or throw them away as easily as western wear 3) not on top of fashion

So good ladies of IL, teach me the art of mix and matching desi wear using existing kameez

anika987 likes this.
  7. needawayout

needawayout Silver IL'ite

cotton salwars are heaven for the weather here. Somehow, some people do wear Jeans too !
    Have a pair of White loose palazzos and they suit almost everything on top. And they are so kind to your skin too
    Here its become a trend to go print on print too. Loose kalankar print Cullotes and a short top, palazzos with long or short tops, even leggings with long tops ... its fun here these days.
    I came back to India for good last year and have been purchasing these palazzos left right center. Loose chikankari Kurta with palazzo and flats ... heaven!
    (Not a good advice for someone minimalistic :p)

8. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    Thanks for this thread.
    I am also going to India and looking for some latest trends.
    Palazzos and long ankle length kurtas were not trendy when I was there. So haven't tried that. I don't have much Indian wear here. Have to order some online and try.
    Just looking into Amazon and Flipkart.
    Will the palazzos and long kurtas will be good on fat people? I am little fat. Will that look good?

anika987 likes this.
  9. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Yes of course. You just have to pick the right pieces. When there's more of you to love, fit and proportion become critical. Find kurtas with lengthening silhouettes and monochromatic color schemes, and unless you are blessed with height wear palazzos with heels.

Among the trends I'm loving Georgette Chikankari kurtas anything with delicate chanderi and gota-patti work.

Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 7.28.37 PM.png

10. needawayout

needawayout Silver IL'ite

yea I agree on the monochromatic color schemes. When I put on a little weight, I generally try hard for the tummy to stop showing up. Printed tops mostly do the trick for me. I go for plains when I think I have exercised a bit. I dont know if it helps, but I feel comfortable that way. :)

gknew and anika987 like this.