1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Rain Songs

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by GeetaKashyap, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

I don't have a polished (regional) voicebox. No wonder my cousin urges me not to bicker with him in any wimpy (regional) tongue as I tend to only browbeat like a wood-pecker bak bak bak with no emphatic and routing credence. (to him: enti ra ..asalu ..nannu chala thakku anchana vestunnavoo, jagrattha)

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  2. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

I love this song so much! Another of my loud-speaker jinga lala thumping playlist in the mornings. I hurriedly added the song to my playlist the first time I heard to warble in my native indulgence.

Gautham Menon spins that rigorous orientation in his female roles to balance the sweetened chime from Harris Jayaraj. Gautam's portrayal of Trisha as Hemanika in the film accords with his similar portrayal of independent but warm-hearted women in other romantic storylines. The women are not 'dance and disappear' in a fleshy carnival of sidelined entertainment but wedge as pivotal emergence in the plot even in any fleeting role.

The rain song is a narrative song depicting the blossoming of love between Sathyadev, an IPS officer, and Hemanika, a classical dancer starting with an arranged exchange of mobile numbers by friend.

The sequence of Sathyadev halting a staged encounter distracted by an interrupting text from Hemanika is remarkable. Hey, stop that. How does fledgling love affect a man? Softens him, blushes him, distracts him. Or delights that a woman is getting interested in him and wanes him of his hostility cultivated at work.

upload_2019-2-15_18-26-48.png

The intermittent yodelling of yaaruu in the song is fanciful.

The rain riff in the vocals continues through glimpses of ascendant emotion from likeable to affection to fondness to romance culminating in imminent proposal of Sathya to Hema, a single mother, towards the end of the song.

Song available in both Tamil and Telugu.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    GeetaKashyap likes this.
  3. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

@Novalis,

Thanks for this rain song.

Ditto here,:tearsofjoy: I had a desperate need those days to align myself with the intellectuals alias experimental film makers and other language film makers! I have religiously watched umpteen number of films that made (sometimes) little or no sense!

Shobhana is an established dancer but that guy, Rahman and his totally involved vigorous dance moves made my eyebrows reach the hairline! Lol!

4. GeetaKashyap

I didn't know that this movie was dubbed. Lovely song and picturisation.

5. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

The expansive aspiration in a child's mind unfamiliar with realistic hurdles is amazing! I have watched Assamese and Bengali films also in that goggle-eyed zeal.

For now, returning to Malayalam, here's one more, not rain, but water...vast waterbodies.

I stumbled on the Malayalam song when YouTube returned it in search results for Cocktail movie. I would have typed "Cocktail songs" rather than "Hindi Cocktail Songs", starring Saif and Deepika. More than once the song popped up in my broad search, then, I identified the moment as my destiny to listen to this butting song.

I chose to play the song from the Malayalam movie Cocktail next time.

The visual of endless water in the backdrop of a girl walking upto her man with a drafter is eco-friendly!

The song boasts of serene and undulating water across riverside and lakes and seas. It is interesting to note that every form of water reservoir has been captured in the song. The opening sequence beguiled me into comparing the blueness with the Tunisian town Sidi Bou Said. Kerala is mesmerizing! You may enjoy the song while it has been remoted from rain into water.

upload_2019-2-15_21-51-29.png

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  6. GeetaKashyap

Singers: Sanam Puri

Song Lyricists: Adnan Sami

Music Composer: Adnan Sami

Music Director: Keshav Dhanraj, Samar Puri, Venky S

7. GeetaKashyap

Singers: Darshan Raval

Song Lyricists: Naveen Tyagi

Music Composer: Sundeep Gosswami

Music Director: Sundeep Gosswami

8. GeetaKashyap

Movie/album: JD (2017)

Singers: Pratiksha Vashishtha, Desh Gaurav Singh, Altamash Faridi

Song Lyricists: Kumar Vijay

Music Composer: Ganesh Pandey

Music Director: Ganesh Pandey

9. GeetaKashyap

Movie/album: The Wishing Tree (2017)

Singers: Sukhwinder Singh

Song Lyricists: Anil Pandey

Music Composer: Sandesh Shandilya

Music Director: Sandesh Shandilya

10. GeetaKashyap

There is no rain in this song but the word rain is there!:facepalm:

The lady has good eyes but...what kind of relationship is that? She seems to be in love with love!:eek: And the hero looks like a poor south version of Abhay Deol, forever lost in his own world!:cool:

Watch out, IL'tes, she will be shortly on our relationship forum pouring her heart out!:tired: