Alternative For 8 To 5 Job In Usa

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by Mylifeatusa, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Mylifeatusa

Mylifeatusa Silver IL'ite

Hello Everyone,

I'm really looking for ways to make money in different ways than an 8 to 5 IT job..I have been working from last 8 yrs and its getting really difficult as there is no flexibility in job and can't spend time with kids as much as I would like to.

we are okay financially, but we need our income to run home smoothly.

Any suggestions on how can I make some with flexible schedule ?

Its been 4 yrs I have visited my family as I can't get leave more than 2 weeks yr and they don't rollover !!

Parents and In laws getting older, I want to make my kids spend some more time with their grand parents.

Please show some pointers !!

TIA.

2. YoGirl

YoGirl Gold IL'ite

I consider 8-5 job a bliss.
    IT jobs give decent income and some perks like WFH flexibility few days a week,etc. if you start a business, it is going to be more than 8-5 and odd timings.
    Have the grand parents visit you. I understand they are old. But with our gen, we need to make compromises to get that extra paycheque. Grand parents should have the equal desire to spend time with kids and hence travel. If not, it wont work.
    If you want to visit India, may be you can go first with kids, spend 2 weeks and then your H can visit india and bring the kids back.

FYI.. there are many ways to earn apart from 8-5, but are you willing to risk. Cuz initially you wont earn much and your profits depends on the number of hours you put in.

Mylifeatusa likes this.
  3. Mylifeatusa

Mylifeatusa Silver IL'ite

Thank you YoGirl for your quick response.

Thanks.