1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What are you reading now?

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by Nandshyam, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I started and gave up a few times. : ) Check out @Laks09 's post. She is doing a group read of W&P, one chapter a day for a year. That's how I read it. The longest chapter is 10-11 pages so it doesn't seem as overwhelming as reading all at one go.

gorgeous23 likes this.
  2. gorgeous23

gorgeous23 Silver IL'ite

just finished the His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman. it has 3 books: the golden compass, the subtle knife & the amber spyglass. action, fantasy series.
    interesting & fast pace read with some rather insightful advice on religion ..LOL ..or the lack there of..
    i found the last book( the amber spyglass) to be really interesting & had to note down some rather good passages, they were that good.
    many themes in the book were really profound though i must say the girl Lyra: the fiery protagonist of the first book was reduced to a whimpering, weak girl: all the while she is like: "oh what shall we do will ? "
    anyways the story is going to stay with me for a few days atleast....until i find a new book ...:blush:

3. ano

ano Silver IL'ite

Rereading ''Going Postal" by Terry Prachett because his books make me laugh out aloud

4. ano

ano Silver IL'ite

If it is vein of Wodehouse, I shall definitely give it a try.

5. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society- Just halfway through and it's turning out to be an interesting read.

6. flowing

flowing New IL'ite

Falling for you by Becky Wade

7. hino

hino Silver IL'ite

amazon way by Jeff. such brilliant narration.

if you are amazon customer, you will know how the rules are framed for easy customer handling. even though they are loss, make sure customer is happy.

8. SayHi

SayHi Senior IL'ite

I have been reading Mills and Boon.:)

Rihana likes this.
  9. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Just finished Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed and The Open Boat by Stephen Crane. Now I have another entry on my bucket list: Hiking the PCT. Currently reading Dubliners by James Joyce and listening to The Telomere Effect by Elizabeth Blackburn who won the Nobel for her discovery of telomerase. I've never been an audiobook fan. My mind is too flighty for the sustained immersion audiobooks require. Also, I enjoy highlighting and taking notes as I read, not always possible with audiobooks. But I have a longish drive to work so I'm experimenting with easier, lighter books -- the kind where the story outshines the prose. When I come across a memorable passage I make a mental note to look it up later. Seems like I've finally found a way to enjoy audiobooks.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    kaniths and peddadas like this.
  10. eastbeauty

eastbeauty New IL'ite

Every single detective book is a must-read for me!