1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Married But Single

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by agdimple333, Jan 21, 2019.

1. agdimple333

agdimple333 Junior IL'ite

hi Ladies,

I have 2 year old, since she is born H does not go out with us (he has grown up alone & has different understanding of life after kid, anyways!) It is just me & my daughter who goes out such as temples, community kids events, halloween events, other kids events etc. i did that until now (it was fun) but now i feel bored and also i felt like exploring more in the world as i see my colleagues taking disney cruise, hawaai, australia or europe vacations. my husband is more busy with work & studies & also he is very self centered- so doesnt come with us.
    I was trying to find single mom or singles group (desi preferably) of women who are in situation same as mine but nothing appeared so far..

Anyways, any one else out in this situation and what do you do to entertain your kid(s) & yourself?

2. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Are you planning a baby brother ?

3. agdimple333

did my post sound that way to you?

4. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

Is your husband open to conversation? A discussion on what your expectations are.

5. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

Dear op

Talk to your husband and explain he needs to spend time with kid and you too.

After kid we (me n dh) hardly get to talk or have "us" time. But mainly family time including us n kiddo.

My dh is very busy on weekdays. Long working hours. But still I tell him to spend 30mins at least as kids love spending time with dad's too.

Try going on lunch date while kid is in daycare or babysitting.

6. agdimple333

He is different at home & different outside specially when we go to India. Very mean, manipulative & self - centered. At 43, now he is possessive about his parents to a crazy strange extent such as he would take his mom out for facial, feed her, etc. and minutely observe my interaction with them, it is because they make him feel guilty of him being away from them & it boils down to me.
    And ofcourse like every women i think a lot instead of being happy in my world. I feel to dump him and live independently but emotionally connected to him.
    In short, there is no point of talking to him because even if i work for 20 hrs/ day it doesnt matter him so far he & his parents r not disturbed.
    So back to my original q, would like to know if there are any groups of single women/ single mom in late 30's or so.

7. agdimple333

Thank you for suggestion. He went in silent mode all of a sudden (without any reason) not even talking to our2 yr old. May be the distance since last 2 years has increase distance between us.. i know he was on vegas in 2017 and visited strip club(s)..

I can certainly keep on thinking and crying and it feels like thats the only thing, my mind and heart wants to think about, doing bare minimum for my daughter and other moment due to anger and frustration feels like leaving the house.. but i know thats not going to do anything good.