1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Skull Fracture And Bleeding 4 Year Old

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Users, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Users

Users Bronze IL'ite

Hello frnds,

My 4 year old fall down from countertop last week, he has swelling in his head. Doctor did CTscan which confirmed skull fracture and internal bleeding, I’ve appt with neurologist in few days.
    He is active, eating, behaving well, doctor is not that concern, but I’m loosing my sleep.
    Any idea how long it takes to heal and what I can do at home to make things easy for him?

2. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Wow....
    Bone healing is 6 weeks, a typical length of time.
    Is his wound bandaged, and protected ?
    Happy that you posted "He is active, eating, behaving well, doctor is not that concern...". This is good. Don't lose sleep; you need to rest (when he does) and keep an eye on his moods, eating habits, and behaviors.
    Neurologist will give eye tests, and short term memory tests. Nothing serious.
    Best wishes.

shravs3 and ashima10 like this.
  3. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

Take care OP!
    hope everything turns put fine for you.

Amica likes this.
  4. deeprapriya

deeprapriya Gold IL'ite

OP,as long as the kid is behaving normal ,it is good....don't worry,head injuries are the worst things ....I had gone through this, consult a neurologist as early as possible,medications improved a lot these days....they will gave medicines and correct....so don't worry....

5. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

:worried: So sorry to hear this, @Users. My prayers are with you and your son.

I'm glad to hear that he is "active, eating, behaving well." Be watchful and call the doctor immediately if there is any change.

6. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

Sorry to hear this.. child proof the house and take extra care that he does not fall on his head till he recovers completely. Bcz kids do unpredictable things do..

Have him checked on regular basis. He is active so it’s good thing don’t worry he will recover soon ..