1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ghost Story: You Killed Me

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Tamrakshar, Dec 26, 2018.

1. anayasree

anayasree Silver IL'ite

Sorry if you felt I was pushing you... I was just eager to read the next part... But of course pls take your time to post the next episode... No pressure :thumbsup:

Tamrakshar likes this.
  2. Tamrakshar

Tamrakshar Platinum IL'ite

If that was a push, let me tell you Anaya, every writer longs for that!

ammusatheesh and anayasree like this.
  3. Tamrakshar

Chapter 24
    Kaleidoscopic scenes
    "Mein agar payar karungi kisise
    It will be kasam se for ever and ever."

Singing the song in her melodious voice, she looked at me eagerly. This was not a tourist season in Digha. The beach was empty, but there were a few people enjoying picnic in the nearby jhao forest. My voice had never been melodious, and I had very little idea about 'sur' and 'taal'. But, there was romance in the air which forced me to sing back,

"Main bhi agar dil dunga kabhi kisiko
    That will be kasam se for ever and ever and ever."

I was supposed to be in an important election meeting for the entire day in Alipore, and she was supposed to be appearing for West Bengal Civil Service main examinations at Bhabanipur. But, we managed to make our way for this precious rendezvous in Digha.

"I will submit a medical certificate for the absence, but how will you manage?" I knew she was a good student, and her entire family expected her to crack the exam.

"Don't worry about that. They will never know it. Suhana is my best friend, and she will never tell them."

"But, what will happen to your career? Will you remain in this current petty post for ever?"

"When you are with me, do I have to think about these petty issues? Will you not take care of me?" She feigned anger in her voice.

"Of course, Honey! When I am there, you don't need to worry about anything in the world."

I was in no mood to spoil the romantic ambience that we were in. Love was in the air, I could smell it. Besides, I knew she was only 23, and this was her first attempt. I was sure she would crack the exam next time.

"But, can you convince your parents for this marriage? I think they are very orthodox." I had to ask as we moved towards the hotel.

"Of course, I will convince, but can you make sure that there will be no trouble from your end?"

"Oh, yes! My family believes in me, my word is the last word."

The answer was so convincing that she placed her arm around my shoulder. Even I myself didn't know how Sabina and I moved so close in only one month. I had known her because she was a temporary health employee in my block. Once, she had saved my life because of her presence of mind and foresight (read my pulse polio story here Tamrakshar's Universe : Pulse Polio Nightmare). Since then we fell in love with each other, and despite knowing how dangerous inter-religious affairs could be, we were unable to put breaks on our smooth-sailing love ship.

This scene vanished, and I saw a new scene. One day, Sabina came to my room looking very worried.

"What happened?" I signalled her to take a sit, and offered her a glass of water.

"The time has arrived Akshar! You have to act now." She finished the water at one go.

"I told you that I would act. But, what's the hurry?"

"We made a terrible mistake in Digha, Akshar. You are going to be a father."

"What? A father? That means you are pregnant?" I was more in shock than being happy at the prospect of siring an offspring!

"Don't shout! Someone may hear it. Tell me when are you going to marry?"

"When I promised you that I will marry you, I will keep my promise. But, you should abort this child. I will arrange everything."

"Akshar! How dare you tell me that? Sabina's face turned red, and she herself forgot to lower her voice, "The child is the product of our pure love. I will not destroy it. Will you marry me or not?"

That sounded like a kind of threat to me, and I said, "Okay, but have you told your father about our relationship?"

This time she turned down her eyes, "No. I got the news just today. I will go home and definitely tell today about our relationship. I cannot tell them about the child, though. But, we need to act fast, and give him the required sanctity by marrying as early as possible. Have you told your father?"

"Not yet, but that won't be a problem!" I assured her, and she left my chamber.

The scene vanished, and a new scene appeared.

To be continued

Bhoonzee, jskls, sumalynux and 4 others like this.
  4. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

@Tamrakshar

Story has been taking Very, Very interesting turns and I usually get ideas what will happen in next while reading story or watching a movie but here I haven't been getting any idea. I really appreciate your writing skills. :clap2:

Tamrakshar likes this.
  5. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

cant wait to read the next part

Tamrakshar likes this.
  6. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Master stroke, Akshar babu! I liked the way you linked the 2 different stories.

Tamrakshar likes this.
  7. Deepika23

Deepika23 Silver IL'ite

So Akshar babu indeed have an affair which he forgot completely!! Interesting. Loved the way u interlinked the old story .

Eagerly Waiting to know what happened to sabina

Tamrakshar likes this.
  8. Tamrakshar

@Mistt and @creativemumma
    Thanks for your comments. The wait is over. The next part will be published shortly.

@GeetaKashyap and @Deepika23
    Thanks for your comments! Yes, the link to the previous story is given, because this one has the origin from there.

GeetaKashyap and Mistt like this.
  9. Tamrakshar

Chapter 25
    The bike accident
    For the next 15 days, there was no news from Sabina; neither did she come, nor did she ring me. One day, around noon time, I got a call from an unknown number. It was Sabina with an SOS massage. She told me that her relatives hadn't approved our relationship, and they had incarcerated her inside the house until she was married off. Somehow, she managed a mobile phone from her niece. She would be married off next day to an old guy, who would take her to Saudi Arabia, his place of residence. She wanted me to rescue her that night.

Honestly, I apprehended this kind of reaction from her family, as I knew they were very orthodox in their outlook. That was why, I didn't break the news to my family. I had an intention of telling them at the very last moment, when they wouldn't be able to disapprove our relationship.

"Now that an emergency situation has arrived, I will have to show my mettle." I thought of taking police with me, but later on decided to go alone in fear of loss of face for the family and especially, Sabina. It was my problem, and I would be able to handle it myself: I was not short of confidence.

Thus, I took Raju's Hero Honda, and almost flew towards Islampally, Sabina's place of residence. Within half an hour, I reached there. But, I could not enter Sabina's house, as a gang of 8 strong men, including Sabina's father and two brothers, were keeping a close watch outside the gate. As soon as I reached there, they encircled me. A couple of guys were going to beat me, but Sabina's father prevented them.

He said in a stentorian voice, "You have done a grave crime by falling in love with my daughter. Didn't you know that we are faithful Muslims? I would have killed you on the spot right now, had my daughter also not committed the crime. Besides, you are a government officer. That's why I am offering you an amicable solution. You leave her for ever, we will not harm you."

After sounding the threat, those 8 men looked at me in a very angry manner. They seemed to be unarmed, but I knew from my experience that these guys can bring out choppers, knives and swords at the drop of a hat. From their aggressive appearance, it looked to me that they would not take a no for an answer. I could not leave without rescuing Sabina, either. So, I thought of a trick. I agreed to their proposal, and dragged myself away in a reluctant and dejected manner from the scene.

But, in reality, I didn't go away far from the place. Around 1km from the spot, I parked the bike, and waited patiently for night to arrive. Around 11 PM, I again visited Sabina's house. I parked the bike at a distance of 100 metre from her house, and surreptitiously moved to the window of Sabina's room. From the window, I saw, Sabina was sleeping. In a hushed tone, I called her name once, twice and thrice.

But, she didn't respond. I was a bit disappointed. She should have been alert, as I promised her that I would rescue her tonight. Perhaps, she didn't understand my trick, and thought that I had given up. But, "never give up" was my motto. So, I tried again, this time a tad louder, and that was the sound that alerted someone in the house. Within 5 minutes, those 8 men came out with lethal arms in their hands.

They didn't make any noise at all, but attacked me. From their attitude, I knew they were going in for the kill. If they caught hold of me, today would be my last day. So, I had no other option but to flee. I ran very hard, and started the bike. They were still chasing me. I was fleeing for my life, as I thought they could also avail themselves bikes. In the process, I hit a tree, met with that accident.

Dhuni baba released me from his grip, and I came back to the present. All of them were looking at me.

"You don't have to tell. I will tell them in short". Dhuni baba stopped me before I was going to say something. That meant Dhuni baba also saw, what I had seen! I was indeed amazed by Dhuni Baba's supernatural power!

To be continued

Bhoonzee, mbharani, VinuthaS and 6 others like this.
  10. anayasree

anayasree Silver IL'ite

Awesome narration. It was almost like watching a movie :clap2:

I can where it is going now... Lets find out if my guess is correct tomorrow :)

Tamrakshar likes this.