Finest Posts - Nominations For January 2019

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@stayblessed @Rith
    Dear stayblessed and Rith
    Thank you very much for your nomination of Human I Am by @blackbeauty84
    The end of the story bowled me clean! Blackbeauty is a classic storyteller. A dog's approach to a crisis is more human than the human's approach. They tend to look down upon the way a man reacts in a crisis. This reminded me of a quote that 'Dogs do speak, but only to those who know how to listen.'
    I remember the only dog we had and the unconditional love it showered on us used to touch our hearts. It died when it was close to tone and it shattered us. Some friends told us that in a world with so much human suffering, it is something between eccentric and obscene to mourn a dog. I think not. After all, it is perfectly normal, indeed, deeply human to be moved when nature presents us with a vision of great beauty. Should we not be moved when it produces a vision — a creature — of the purest sweetness?
    Sri

satchitananda, stayblessed and kkrish like this.
  2. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

3. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Good morning Sri sir (@Cheeniya )
    My third nomination is @blackbeauty84 's story Human I Am.

I see that is has been nominated twice. I third the nomination.

Super Brilliant is the only superlative adjective that comes to my mind.

stayblessed likes this.
  4. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Many many thanks Chenniya sir for the wonderful feedback. I never got the opportunity to bring dog to my home so I have no experience of what it means to lose one. I have seen my friend heart broken when her hour legged pal died

5. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a bunch kkrish. Feeling grateful to be nominated by you.

kkrish likes this.
  6. Cheeniya

@jayasala42 @Rihana
    Dear jayasala
    Thank you for your nomination of Rihana's When All That Glitters Is Gold
    Srama has made my job easier. I was breaking my head about what kind of compliment I should pay Rihana and I chanced to read this. Thank you @Srama ! When I got married some 52 years back, the price of gold was some Rs.10 per gram! My FIL was bragging about his wisdom in making all the jewelry for his daughter a year back when gold was two rupees cheaper! I am not much of a gold enthusiast. For sometime in my '60s, I used to wear a gold chain with a 'Rudraksh'. One day a friend of mine told me 'You are a well-known swamiji. Why do you have to display it?' That stung me and I instantly gave up wearing it.
    Sri

Viswamitra, Srama and Rihana like this.
  7. Cheeniya

@jayasala42 @Viswamitra
    Dear jayasala
    Thanks again for your nomination of Viswamitra's Aware
    I have very lucky today. While responding to your nomination, I chanced upon this:
    Thank you Geeta!
    Viswa is my favourite writer and he never fails to make me look inwards. He is more than a decade younger to me and when I read his blogs (It's a sin to call them blogs), I remember the holy episode of Lord Subramanya giving 'upadesam' to his father Lord Siva. His father sits beneath his son's feet to receive his teachings.
    Sri

Viswamitra and GeetaKashyap like this.
  8. Cheeniya

@jayasala42 @satchitananda
    Dear jayasala
    Congratulations on completing a hat-trick with your nomination of satchi's Love You In Death
    I must first tell you that satchi's posts are not eligible to be nominated she herself being on the panel of judges here. I have included it in order that others would have the pleasure of reading it.
    There is a lot of truth in what satchi says:
    This happened to Bhishma Pithamaha too. More people visited him when he was on his bed of arrows and waiting for an auspicious time to die. So this tradition transcends time!
    Satchi has raised a lot of questions the answers for which can perhaps be found in Bhajagovindam of Sankara.
    Sri

Viswamitra and satchitananda like this.
  9. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Smt. Jayasala:

I am humbled by your gesture to nominate my thread here. I learn more from your responses to my threads and therefore, I consider it a great privilege to get my thread nominated by you.

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

You are a repository of knowledge yourself and so is Smt. Jayasala. It is me who learn so much from both of you. Swaminatha Swami is a creation of Lord Shiva and it must be a divine play to establish the power of Lord Subramania for the entire Universe. I am too illiterate to understand the divine play of Lord Shiva and Lord Subramania.

Viswa

10. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.