1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Looking For A Tamil Teacher : Rs.750/hour

Discussion in 'Regional Poetry' started by Jey, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Jey

Jey Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL'ites,

I want to give this long term interest of mine a try. I have never been able to do it on my own. So, I am hoping this works.

I am interested in learning Bharathidasan Kavithaigal. While some of the words are easy to understand by self-reading, some of them are hard without spending a lot of time looking things up. So I am interested in learning via an online, Skype class where someone can teach me those Kavithaigal. Very similar to how tamil teachers teach thirukurral - they break it down word by word, explain the meaning of the hard words and then put it all together for the full meaning.

Weekly 1-hour classes. Weekday evenings or weekends US time. We will finalize a fixed day/time at the start of the engagement. Thinking $12/hour or Rs.750 per hour. We will do a set of 2-classes and see how it goes. If I am being a good student, we can continue. Let me know if you know someone.

Btw, if you are interested in learning along with me, comment below and mention the country/timezone you are in. We can learn together and split the cost.

Jey

2. Jey

Jey Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@kkrish Per the other thread, if you are interested in learning literature I wanted you to see this.

3. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Jey.
    Shall certainly consider it; however at this time I cannot specify a suitable time.
    I am from the EST (ET) in the US.

Also, I was actually thinking in terms of "Naalaayira Divya Prapandam", Tiruthonda Thogai, Thirumurai, Thiruvachakam, and other works of the Naayanmaars, the "Aimperunkapiyangal" etc.

I checked Bharathidasan University to see if they have any online courses. Need to explore more. I am yet to check Annamalai and Madras.

Jey likes this.