Sabarimala Entry...deeply Disturbed..

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Jan 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Two women aged 44 and another in her late thirties sneaked into sabarimala and had darshan..
    What did they achieve by this?
    Women equality?fighting for gender discrimination?

Fighting for equality when it comes to job,education is commendable.
    Why this?

Were those two women entering the abode of swamy ayyapan coz they had "BHAKTI"?? nope.They just wanted to prove something.by breaking the tradition the temple had for years.

My dad used to be an ardent devotee and he had been to the temple for many years till his death.The vrat was very tough for 40 days and lot of poojas were done.Grown up watching my dad doing the vrat and am not kidding..it is tough.

women or men should have Rights but they should not be misused.Stop playing against certain sentiments.

Very upset today..this is not becoz am extremely pious or something.The sheer arrogance just to prove whatever they wanted to prove.Absolutely Hate anyone playing with religion,bhakti or some beliefs.

Fight against rapists,corrupt officials,men who disturb at work,take credit,torture..all these are appreciated.

why against men and their beliefs who want to visit the temple which holds certain tradition..my heart is aching and extemely upset.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    Indeevara, varhem, Ammu2886 and 9 others like this.

2. Swetha52003

Swetha52003 Gold IL'ite

Totally agree with you. I think these women had lost it. Though I support the women entry to the Temple,the recent events are really agonizing to watch.They just don't know what to fight and what not.There are many more issues in Kerala that should concern women much more than Sabarimala ...Sabarimala issue is all political now rather than a gender equality issue.

Indeevara, joylokhi and anika987 like this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Well said!

One needs to know what is worth fighting for...sad.

joylokhi likes this.
  4. eternalnomad

eternalnomad Silver IL'ite

First of all I'm an atheist and I don't believe in any god(s) or religion. But, having said that, I have to ask - would any woman (between the ages of 10 and 50) who is a true believer even want to enter this holy shrine knowing the story behind it? If so, you are showing blatant disregard for the deity and his wishes. At least that's my view. Now, if we really want to make this an issue of equality then why single out this particular temple - let's grant equality to women more widely and the right to enter all temples, churches and mosques. It's unfortunate to see this whole issue become a political football. And the sad part is that none of the politicians or activists so eager to grant women the right to enter Sabarimala would even touch this issue had this been a mosque, for example. Just goes to show how selective these people are when it comes to their fights.

suasin, joylokhi and anika987 like this.
  5. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

i Think you should leave it up to the individual and the god . May be they wanted to visit the shrine very badly , hence went there only after SC have permission.

May be they feared they won’t be alive till 50.

Who is anyone to stop them, the god will take care of himself if he is strongly against women entering his shrine .

At some point , lower caste people were not allowed in temples , it takes movements like this to take away restrictions which are regressive.

I had uncles who have participated in this mandala and shabarimala visit every year and one of them is guruswamy. I have seem my very young female cousins go through rigorous ritual before they turned 10 as they participated and visited shabarimala and myself have participated in so many poojas every year as many in my area used to be part of this yearly ritual , so I am not speaking without knowledge. I think it is good in away for women who wants to seek dharshan , they can do it in their best years like men when they have more stamina and strength.i definitely used to feel bad for under 10 girls who may actually not know why and what they are undertaking.

Also if I am correct the entry of women aged 10-50 was banned only in 1991 because someone filed a petition.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  6. Outlander

Outlander Bronze IL'ite

Some women and organizations thinks that women equality comes from breaking traditions ignoring culture and religion but unfortunatey not! Every tradition has some hidden meaning for that to understand one need a lot of spirutual and devotional true enlightment! Unfortunately India lacking that! I question them can they go to darga and show the same courage they cannot so thats not bhakti! They are in a dark space thinking they achieved something but nothing they achieved rather they disturbed a very own culture and tradition. Karma takes it turn!

If there is any temple in which only females should visit and no man should come and assume a man visits that temple the same country wouldve demanded a death penality!
    I pity our law and justice system much than those women!

anika987 likes this.
  7. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

What is connection between Darga and shabarimala ...
    By the way women can enter dargah .. one of very famous one is Ajmer dargah ... I have visited a dargah in my city which is quite common.

8. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

As eternalnomad said if someone desperately wants to visit the shrine..they will be a true devotee

A true devotee will respect a certain tradition and not disturb .

Also when there are so many problems
    These activists chose this.Surely there is some political agenda.

No amount of justification is right.What those women did is wrong.

joylokhi likes this.
  9. Outlander

Outlander Bronze IL'ite

Great taht you visited i was stopped in Haji ali back then in visiting inner sanctum thouhh i was dressed head to toe!! All my point is courts should stop giving verdict in religious things.

anika987 likes this.
  10. Outlander

Outlander Bronze IL'ite

Thats rightly said no devotee a true devotee who wants to break the tradition!! I wish that pradhan tantri should close the temple

anika987 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.