1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Appreciation For The Fellow Ilites

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Viswamitra, Dec 20, 2018.

1. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks periamma for recognizing me and feel really honoured by your words

periamma and Viswamitra like this.
  2. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

periamma, Viswamitra and GeetaKashyap like this.
  3. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

Thank you !!

Rihana, Viswamitra and Lalithambigai like this.
  4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear JS Ma'm, @jayasala42

Thank you for your very kind words. It is encouragement from fellow Ilites like yourself that keeps me going.

Seeking your blessings always!

Viswamitra likes this.
  5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Gauri, @Gauri03

Thank you so very much for your words. The feeling is mutual. I have benefited so much from your friendship. Thank you for always being there, encouraging not just with responses but with all those amazing threads gently guiding us to be better us. You are a true inspiration and I am grateful to have come to know you.

Happy New Year to you and your loved ones!

Gauri03 and Viswamitra like this.
  6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

No way my dear twinsie @Rihana spinning? I am so delighted to hear that! You are an amazing person and I am always delighted when I see similarities between us. How is that possible but then what's not possible?
    I feel blessed that you think of me with a smile. What more can a person ask for? I absolutely love reading you wherever you post and now after your sambhar post, I smile thinking of you every time I am in the kitchen. Thank you for your friendship!

Rihana and Viswamitra like this.
  7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Shaan!! @Shanvy,

You had me in tears with your loving message. I am so very grateful that your DS has passed on his Johnathan admiration to others! And yoga too. Bless your kids!! I have been with you thorough your journey and you should know I admire you so much. I never fail to read your posts and take in all the experience and wisdom that you share. I have no doubt benefited a lot.
    You are absolutely right Shaan...how can we all make this amazing difference in each others lives, but then there is magic :) Thank you my dear friend!

Viswamitra likes this.
  8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Satchi @satchitananda ,

Thank you my friend for your words. I have so thoroughly enjoyed getting to know you and admire you for all that you do!
    Just keep going :) Look forward to more interactions!

Viswamitra and satchitananda like this.
  9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

I would be doing injustice if I don't invoke Richard Bach with this quote "The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life. Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof.” as I contemplate on my IL journey! How true it is for all of us here! I am always amazed how incredible it is that total strangers can bond so well and even become friends and rely on each other for things big and small.
    I owe a great deal to all the Ilites and admire so many of them in so very many ways. I am grateful for the support I have received all these years.

The supportive and gentle guiding hand of @Cheeniya sir when I started writing in IL is something I am totally indebted to! Needless to say, I have been an ardent fan of his writings and have benefited in so many ways! He has never let me down and I am grateful for his presence here in IL and outside of it too, in my life. Thank you sir :)

@Chitvish, Chitra aunty! What a blessing she is. Eternally grateful for her presence in my life. Thank you aunty.

I have been a great admirer of V sir @Viswamitra and his pursuit of spirituality. I contemplate on what he writes and am always amazed. Such a long arduous path but he makes it look like it is attainable! The life experiences that JS ma'm @jayasala42 shares are somethings that I eagerly read, not to mention her wisdom and Sanskrit quotes. Ps Ma'm @PushpavalliSrinivasan is another eldelry Ilite who has influenced me. Thank you aunty for your blessings! Viji aunty's @iyerviji simplicity and zest for life always puts a smile on my face! And @Balajee , thank you for your valuable feed backs and appreciation and I enjoy your sense of humor and your passionate take on the current happenings. For me personally, it is very difficult not think of @Kamalji and Ojda, @ojaantrik when I look back!

Trying to mention how my friends @Gauri03 , @Rihana , @kkrish , @satchitananda , @Laks09 , @Shanvy, @justanothergirl, @Scorpio707 make a difference to me will take forever and many pages. I am eternally grateful for all your presence and the difference you make in my life and life's pursuits. It has made it all more enriching.

The ever present encouragement from @girvani , @shyamala1234 , @Anisu, @Scorpio707, @jskls , @kaniths ,@Greenbay ,@Amica , @sindmani is something that I am grateful for. Thank you my dear friends for always being there with your valuable feed backs and cheering. I have benefited a lot from reading @sokanasanah ! Thank you. I have silently admired @peartree always!

I will not be doing justice if I don't mention @Rakhii , @yellowmango , @JustAnotherMom , @nuss - always wonderful to read you ladies. I admire you!

It is wonderful to read @Agatha83 , @rgsrinivasan ,@GeetaKashyap , @Thyagarajan sir, @HariLakhera , @nandinimithun , @shravs3 @ashima10 !

Oh what a joyous ride this IL has been. Very grateful for all the love, support and learning. Any slip on my part in not mentioning an ILite is not intentional. The value all of you add is incredible. Coming home from a vacation to all this love is beyond words. A Very Happy New Year to all of you!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  10. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

My response is to this synopsis you have pointed out in recounting the peculiar influence that has originated in the site thereafter ascended from impetus to fancy to commitment to convulsion to insanity (don quixote: fried up brain on reading), that lingered beyond the fleeting virtuality of IL.

I have interacted only with a handful here. I have fondness for others but if I were to list the members who hold sway in my motive and curiosity then it's a restricted list that of a three-toed sloth (btw: my spirit animal). This winding homage is limited to that hatched aspiration from the impregnated curiosity (why some members are senseful than the rest) among other lively confrontations and dormant insights whose legacy and worth has already been widely acclaimed in this thread (known/unknown members whose contributions are prominent yet lack relevance in my self-discovery therefore not suited to credit with 'changing my live beyond just interaction').

The earliest three members who sparked my interest in self-growth are Ansuya, Gauri and Sokanasanah. They came across as fluent and competent thinkers who analyse beyond the obvious.

Sokanasanah was impressive but inaccessible (being a cloak-and-dagger stranger) to further a conversation on how he groomed himself to be the man of letters. I found him intriguing yet unforthcoming. I also suspected that I might have alienated him with my incessant waffle in the forum and gave the impression of a silly squit in my wanderings. Hence been wary to involve him in my frivolity but regarded him from the sidelines.

I had a telephonic conversation with Gauri around the same time on some inflated ambition of not knowing where to start from but keen on where to end at, also, not knowing if such madcap ambition could sweep the rest in between — with intent but no itinerary. No fancy to be an accredited writer or a crowd-pleasing blogger but only an outlandish conservationist. How can I improve my language and conversations?

Ansuya was that lead scout who groomed and induced in us, the former girl-scouts, the sense of purposeful activity even in social forums.

On showing the initial writing from Sokanasanah, Gauri and Ansuya to a friend and inquiring the whereabouts of kindred activity, he redirected me to an outlier confraternity of psychedelic minds and wilful mouths. Den of essay writers! I only had to show him a page or two of inlaid citations and writing style from E & G forum to catch the drift. Where can I find people of such tastes and topics who talk like this — sense and distinction? I was cross-pollinated and groomed in these bright and cheerful forums with charming values and critical reasoning.

Ill-informed about numerated "likes", mostly bestowed upon me from affection more than advancement of my thought, I had no indicator to evaluate my progress till I chanced on Gauri's pronouncement: I have been lucky to witness the transformation first hand. I am usually delusional, though I pretend to be generous, in self-aggrandizing my ascension in 'The Hero with a Thousand Faces' posited by Joseph Campbell, that each disposable moniker was an uptick from the previous, and every avatar was representative of the ascent in my uphill march, but this flash memoir voiced by a transitory creature with no steady fixture got that itch to reinvent herself implanted here. I accord that 'changing our lives beyond just interaction in IL' to my naive curiosity (tell me again: battle of toola what) with these members.

Gauri03, Viswamitra and satchitananda like this.