1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Parent Kissing Child On Lips - Appropriate?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by Rihana, Dec 22, 2018.

1. GoneGirl

GoneGirl Gold IL'ite

As a means of expressing their love, personally I don’t find a quick peck on the lips offensive, as long as the kid doesn’t mind.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
    Rihana likes this.
  2. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Lip lock and kissing on lips is different, I'm ok with second one. I have done with my DD upto 3yrs, was never done with my boy(don't know why I didn't get the idea at that time)

I didn' face any issues or awkward moments. As I had done, I'm ok till certain age..

And yet to see Aishwarya's photo

IniyaaSri, Rihana, BhumiBabe and 2 others like this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Honestly..I am very neutral about this.I neither hate or say it is good.Am
    Sure she will stop it..

For Some strange reason,I respect Aishwarya than a Kareena Kapoor coz She gives the feel her child Is a prop.It is her first and then her kid.

Aishwarya seems like a doting mom but yeah hopefully she avoids the kisses and with all the money in the world..she can
    Afford a better stylist.Again,not help but appreciate she is dressing in a way which is comfortable for her and what she likes,and not worry about the fashion police.

Contrary to what people think,Aishwarya is far from being fake.

Rihana and shravs3 like this.
  4. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

Seeing just the pics, without really knowing how Aishwarya handles her kid day to day, and upbringing...I honestly think they are totally fine. Pecks for my own child (he's a boy), are just a way of showing my affection, there's nothing wrong or indecent. I don't give my son kisses on his forehead...no sure why, but I do peck him on his lips - except when one of us is sick.

This is a kiss of affection, not sexual attraction, ya'll, so why so much hate? Is it a cultural thing? I grew up in the US, so maybe it doesn't bother me because kissing is pretty normal. Now...if another person, not mother or father (or grandparent, I don't know how to draw the line, but its situational) kisses my child on the lips - I would not be happy about it. I would find it weird, but only if they exhibit other weird behaviors that make me feel uncomfortable.

Rihana, shravs3 and anika987 like this.
  5. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Not a fan of Kareena kapoor ....but appreciate how she has changed how married women are seen in bollywood.
    She is the first one to not hide her big belly during pregnancy and instead walked on the runway .
    She has changed how married women and pregnant women are seen in bollywood.That filters down to normal people too.

Her handling her child is no way different from any other working women who employs a nanny or puts the child in day care.
    Her child is taken care of by a professional nanny and the child seems independent and happy and safe.
    I have never seen her take her child into crowded places or places which are not meant for children.

Aishwarya takes her daughter to crowded places very often which can be traumatic for the child considering the kind of mad fan following these celebrities have and the kind of media frenzy there is.

She had a break down in front of her daughter when she had taken her for some function at an orphanage. The media was going crazy and she went teary and hysterical because of their misbehavior. Why would a celebrity put her daughter through this kind of madness so often ?

Just looking like a doting mom does not mean the ones who don't publicly dote on their kids are not good parents.

Kareena is often seen taking her child to school or to kids parties like any other mother. That is how most working mothers lead their life.

Rihana likes this.
  6. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

This has got nothing to do with how working moms lead their life or otherwise.

Even if it is,Aishwarya is also a working mother just like Kareena.

In all honesty,one fact which I accept is No one knows the reality be it Kareena Kapoor or Aishwarya or anyone else and how they really deal with their lives or kids.We all react to how the media portrays.EAch one has their one perspective.

Some may like the way Kareena does things and some may not find fault with what Aishwarya does.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
    Rihana, Swetha52003 and shravs3 like this.