1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Please Suggest Me If I Can Improve My Diet

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by Emarald, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Emarald

Emarald Silver IL'ite

Hello all beautiful ladies

I am in mid forties, looking for suggestions to improve my diet and overall lifestyle. I don't know why I am not loosing weight sometimes even gain in spite of good diet and exercise. I have thyroid for 16 years, Dr said tsh level is normal. Borderline diabetes. I exercise 3 times in week 30 min each. I avoid fried only occasionally like parties.

Breakfast steel cut oatmeal with green tea
    Lunch mostly salad from cafeteria or leftover from home
    Dinner roti or bhakri with homemade curry

rachaputi likes this.

2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Add lean protein and reduce carbs in your diet.Dont over reduce or over do carbs..

Eat healthy fats..very important and avoid processed food.

Definetly avoid bread.Maybe once a week.

Add strength training and increase intensity of your exercise..

Weight reduces in a healthy way

shravs3 likes this.
  3. Emarald

Emarald Silver IL'ite

Thank you so much Anika. I m trying all this but I don't know feel so tired all the time. I eat fruits for snack mostly. Is there anything I can replace with oatmeal? On weekends I eat poha or upma. I want to increase energy and do more exercise

4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Eat poha and upma.They are healthy.Infact add ghee.

Never underestimate our Indian diet.

Do you watch a lot of iPad or tv..coz it does Make
    One tired

Add yoga

Drink water.Add protein

Go to bed early and get up early
    All these will help

5. Minie34

Minie34 Bronze IL'ite

I have thyroid problem too and take high dose medicine for it. My TSH is also normal but still Im fat. I too can't loose weight even though all my other blood tests are absolutely perfect. No blood sugar/cholesterol nothing. I think because of thyroid it is difficult to loose weight. I practically stopped trying n now just concentrate on living a healthy lifestyle irrespective of whatever my weight. Eat healthy n avoid all kind of junk food/outside food.

6. Emarald

Emarald Silver IL'ite

I take good sleep. For my job I have to be on computer whole day. I drink lot of water. Lot of leafy greens in salad and curry. Loosing hair from long time, may be due to thyroid.

7. Minie34

Minie34 Bronze IL'ite

I also have very thin hair now.. I had very thick hair in childhood but now none. Loose hair in bunches. I have thyroid since early twenties. I'm in my thirties now. I have all text book symptom of thyroid disorder.

8. Emarald

Emarald Silver IL'ite

Try drinking celery juice empty stomach every morning. Google medical medium celery juice. My thyroid is getting better and better. my endocrinologist reduced my dose. My symptoms are also going away.
    For hair loss eat methi seeds or methi sabji regularly. Soak methi seeds overnight and eat one spoon everyday

9. Rishiva

Rishiva New IL'ite

Hii iam from hyderabad and mother of 3 months old and this is my first delivery. As like everyone i started loosing hair but is is very massive hairfall like i never had before though i have very thin and short hair before pregnant but during pregnancy volume of my hair has increased, now iam having massive hairfall like i lost almost most of my hair, if it continues i will go bald . Moreover had diagnosed with tsh in pregnancy after delivery my tsh levels have fallen to 0.02 is that the cause of hairfall. Can someone guide in this matter like suggesting any tests or any doctor to visit and your response would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance

10. virtualkv2020

virtualkv2020 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Rishiva...
    You must be a busy mother but you need to take some time for your health.Here are a few things to do
    1. Visit a good Endocrinologist, the doctor will do a few thyroid related blood tests and advise you the right medication with a dosage that suits you.Thyroid medication works when taken on an empty stomach 4 hours before breakfast and do not combine it with other medications,setting an alarm to take medication helps.
    2. Avoid excess intake of millets,if any.
    3. Start working out - exercise at least 30 mins a day,mon to fri, even a brisk walk helps keep your stress levels in control.
    4. Start taking this energy drink everyday with your breakfast for good vision,glowing skin and beautiful hair.
    Ayurvedic Home Made Energy Drink For All Ages
    5.Use this hair oil,hair pack and a mild shampoo(sulfate and paraben free such as Himalaya) or a herbal hair wash powder.

Hair oil remedy for hair fall
    Mix equal amounts of pure - coconut oil, castor oil,mustard oil and store in a glass jar.Pour the required amount of oil in a bowl and place it in a pot of boiling water till the oil gets warmed.Part your hair into sections and using a cotton ball dab the oil at the hair roots.Leave for at least 2 hours or overnight and apply the following hair pack.

For dense hair growth
    Soak and boil whole urad dal (minapappu) in water till soft,cool and grind into a smooth paste.Apply to the scalp and hair.Leave for 45 mins to 1 hour and wash with a mild shampoo.Repeat once or twice a week for at least 3 months.This controls hair fall,baldness and eventually promotes thick hair growth.

Instead of using the above oil you could purchase a good herbal hair oil like hibiscus hair oil or bringaraj hair oil and hair wash powder from an authentic ayurvedic store such as Dr Elchuri's Ayurveda pharmacy in Hyderabad or Kotakkal arya vaidyasala in Secunderabad.

There are several shampoo,hair oil and hair pack recipes found in this site.When you find time go through this post Hair Spa At Home For Beautiful Hair

Nausheenshaikh1 likes this.