1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Breakfast And Lunch

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by dhivyacc, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Nylaa

Nylaa Silver IL'ite

My mom used to do this. Weirdly, I didn't like it as a child but I like it now as an adult. My favorite combinations are grated carrot and palak puree (even finely chopped palak works nicely).

nandinimithun likes this.
  2. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Dhivya,
    I understand these irritations that exist in most households. Mostly children do not like the foods generally made at home.:( Why don't you ask your in-laws or hubby to help you in the kitchen in the mornings? Since you are also a working woman, you are bound to feel tremendous pressure and irritation too. Could you consider hiring a cook in the morning so that you feel less pressurised?

Regarding your kids feeding problems and nutrition issues, I suggest you talk to them as to what they like from their friends' boxes and you may bargain with them that if they cooperate with you, at least on 2 or 3 days a week, you would also try and prepare something different or fanciful. As most kids share their snacks, they will always have preferred items and preferred friend's lunch box too. That should give you a clue what they truly enjoy eating and you could try to make those items for them.

In my last fb, I mentioned the items I made for my son. Though he loves dosa at home he hates them in lunch box as dosa becomes soggy from steam. Idli is a better option. Most south Indians consider chapati and paratha as a time consuming affair. Personally I feel making a few parathas is the easiest option. (You can knead the dough the previous night and store.) During the school days, I always stored boiled potatoes in the fridge so that a quick snack could be made in a jiffy. I think sandwiches are again easy to make. Sandwich chutney can be stored in the fridge upto a week. One special treat option could be that you can boil vegetables and prepare cutlet mix the previous evening. In the morning you just have to deep fry and sandwich using buns or even bread slices to which sandwich chutney and ketchup has been applied. You may even cut them into bite sized pieces so that the younger one will love eating it! A burger of sorts!

Let me see if I can post some of these ideas in the near future; you may pick up whatever works for you.

All the best.

nandinimithun and dhivyacc like this.
  3. dhivyacc

dhivyacc Silver IL'ite

Thank you for your soothing words :)

4. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

I know right, I never liked palak as a kid and now it’s my favorite.
    How have you been dear @Nylaa and I remember you were carrying, tell me more

Nylaa likes this.
  5. Nylaa

Nylaa Silver IL'ite

I've been great! I've just been super busy with son (two months old now, time flies!) and my grandparents are visiting from India as well and staying with us. How have you been?