Pain Less Deliveries

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by varshini, Apr 29, 2006.

1. coolheart

coolheart New IL'ite

artvid,

I had episiotomy, delivered baby 5 yrs back, now due for 2nd in 2 months. the stitching was very painful, i feel it was as bad or worse than labour. but it was quick..... I dont know if any medication is there..

2. soumya2552

soumya2552 Bronze IL'ite

Has anyone has a normal delivery 20 months after a c-section?? If yes, please share ur experience?? What shud i expect this time??

3. Tashsin

Tashsin Gold IL'ite

Yes, Dr give an injection before stitching so that you can not feel any pain..
    I was in pain for two days :hide: OMG but it ends with C-section..

4. ahlawatmanisha

ahlawatmanisha New IL'ite

Re: taking epidural

hello can u pls tellme any hospital in delhi which allow husbands to be in labour room during delievry .. i really wana know

5. adimad

adimad Silver IL'ite

Hi

I delivered in Australia 4 months ago. I was not planning to take epidural. But when I was 9 cm, I started having strong urge to push which I wasnt able to control after a while but the dilation wasnt moving forward.

So make me not feel the pushing urge and prolong the labour by a couple of hours, they gave me epidural then at 9 cm, when I had almost made it without it :-/

So I had a vaginal delivery after 3 hours then when I was fully dilated. After putting the epidural tube in, I was able to sleep for the next 3 hrs - as I could feel no pain at all. also hardly any pain during pushing but I was able to push well since the epidural wasnt too strong. They can change the strength of the epidural according to need I think coz for eg., for C section it is so strong that lower body goes absolutely numb.

Yes I had backache, esp at the point of epidural after delivery for 2 months. It is totally gone now after 4 months.

I would have avoided epidural and gone through another 3 hrs of pain (I mean I had already had 16 hours of labour pain, whats 3 more hours) but I was advised that I need to relax and not push before 10 cm dilation, and that was hard to do without the epidural.

There are some risks involved, which I am sure you will be made aware of before giving you epidural, other than that from purely pain management point of view, epidural is totally painless.

All the best!!

6. pinkytyagi92

pinkytyagi92 Bronze IL'ite

I honestly feel good to hear this good news that you are expecting a baby boy soon. Hope your get a good baby with good health ! Well I'm a not married women ! I'm just a young girl & don't have experience about pregnancy but I like to hear & read every single news related to pregnancy & care.

7. Lathalakesh

Lathalakesh New IL'ite

Hi, Do walk for atleast 30 to 45 mins and eat healthy foods.
    For doubts,Please visit Indigo womens center in Anna nagar,Chennai.
    I visited there and i made a painless normal delivery. Indigo womens center has good and qualified doctors with great infrastructure.

8. simarthakur

simarthakur New IL'ite

VERY GOOD THREAD. THANKS TO SHARE IT

9. aradhyamunjaal

aradhyamunjaal New IL'ite

Using a natural pain relief oil surely does wonders to relieve pain in the back or knee and is great for postpartum care as well. I have been using the moms co . natural relief oil and it is amazing!