1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Effort

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Sri Thyagarajan:

In the industry, those who teach quality management always talk about continuous improvement and I wonder how our lives can be any different. Everyday gives us loads of experiences and throws some more light into enlightenment, if we are focused on building our impeccable character. Holy thoughts, the company of good people, reading and digesting the teachings of the learned people, love and compassion for the fellow beings, etc put us in the right direction towards our goal post. Our innate urge to be united with our core inner being will always work like an auto correct to fix our flaws. However long the journey is, it is our duty to utilize those sanctioned time wisely to build our character as that is the only thing that remain with us always in our journey.

Viswa

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. gopalan1937

gopalan1937 Silver IL'ite

Dear Visva sir, First of all, I must confess that I have not done any serious attempt to study scriptural literature. Probably It is because of my lack of knowledge. In Sanskrit in my younger days. Anyway I should turn my mind towards such aspects of life. Going through your writings gives me encouragement. I have started listening to lectures in YouTube by Suki Shivam and Kambavarithi. I intend to read and retread your writings to improve myself.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Viswamitra

Dear Dr Gopalan:

If I have given an impression that I am well-versed in Scriptures, it is totally wrong. My learning is from the stalwarts in Scriptures. My knowledge is not even basic and is from Sravanam and secondary reading of interpreration by Scholars. In fact, I don't know Sanskrit either.

If you like to know more about Vedanta from basic level, I would recommend listening to the audio recording in the website called Poornalayam by Swami Guruparananada. He is slow but very persistent in making others gain knowledge.

Viswa

4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:I agree in toto.
    2. The world consciously and or unconsciously from the times of “THE WORD” is putting in effort, marching toward perfection of the civilisations and that is how we have come this far from stone age. The journey continues for everyone toward that goal.
    Regards.

Viswamitra likes this.
  5. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa,
    This is the best chance given to us by God Almighty to shed our impurities in our thoughts, words and deeds in the forms of humans. We should use this to the best of our ability and try to reach the goal.
    PS

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. Viswamitra

Dear Smt. Srinivasan:

I couldn't agree more. Life given with the ability to discriminate right from wrong, is a major gift. If we use it wisely as you said, we will make steps towards the ultimate goal.

Viswa

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Viswa I don't believe u i Sha nkara as I don't believe in reincarnation. As for thoughts , spiritual progress can be made only whe n you transcend l. all THOUGHTS INCLUDING THOUGHTS OF gOD. lET US REMEMBER WE HAVE NJUS one LIFE NAND NO AFTERLIFE AND WE HAVE TO MAKE THE BEST OF IT.l

8. Viswamitra

Dear Balajee,

I know you don't believe in reincarnation or existence of God. In my view, all religious teachings are to bind the man to the origin i.e. flawless existence. This requires spiritual growth and development and going above the overwhelming existence of ego and having an impeccable character. Once a person reaches that level of existence, he would understand there are no dualism.

Viswa

Thyagarajan likes this.