Indian Passport Renewal Post Marriage

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Lakshmikishore, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Lakshmikishore

Lakshmikishore Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

I am looking for for the process/details to be considered while renewing passport.
    • Passport which I am holding now , was applied before marriage and expired now
    • I am planning to renew my passport now,what changes should I opt for in Passport renewal If my DH and DS travel with me on dependent visa
    • DS doesnt have a passport,I am planning to apply now along with my passport renewal
    I tried exploring on passport website and other forums on internet,could not get any useful information which I am looking for.
    Please share your experiences.Thanks in advance

2. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

if you are trying to change surname , then you need to follow the process for surname change,.

if not there is nk difference in the process. to add your spouse name in passport, you need marriage certificate.

your son's passport will have your and husbands name as parents.

the process will be same as earlier with your latest address proof

Lakshmikishore likes this.
  3. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

If you are an employed person on a career track, it is best NOT TO change anything. Married women can continue to have the same name that is on all their academic degrees, and prior employment records. Life would be simpler.

If your spouse and child are on dependent visas, their visas (in their passports) will say so. Dependent visa holders are not required to travel with the principal-visa holder. They can travel on their own.

You need to find out which office has the jurisdiction for renewing your passport. If you are living in phoren it will be an Indian consulate that serves your region. You will find appropriate info on their website. Here is an example: Welcome to Embassy of India, Ha Noi (Viet Nam)

4. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

1)Renew with current passport name - because in some international airports they verify old passport also lot of other things
    2) include husband's name as spouse name in it. With your marriage certificate as a bonafide
    3) if you have change of address include it

Pls include your your name in husband's passport, then only kid will get passport.
    Now either of parents should have spouse's name included to get passport for child.

5. Lakshmikishore

Thanks Amulet for the details

6. Lakshmikishore

Thanks Vedhavalli for the details

7. Lakshmikishore

Thank you armummy for the details

8. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

I got my renewed I hired the agent it was good ..she will just fill out the forms.
    Renewal just go on the website n fill out the forms..
    Have your old ,adhaar card ,. It’s quick these days n helpful at times. If u want to do all by yourself have time for all to be done. If not hire a agent.