100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Day 56: Whenever it's work I'm so busy, I don't take time to enjoy small stuff. As a kid my parents always made us walk from bus stop or to shops or schools etc. Walking long distances was never a big deal. But now almost we have forgotten that habit. Today evening when I got ready for my walk I remembered I had some small work in a shop which is around 2kms away. I took my vehicle out ,thought I'll finish walking in the park and go pick up this stuff from shop. But I later ditched the vehicle and walked till that shop to pick up my stuff. This kind of walk to actually go to a shop is happening after very long. Felt nostalgic that how much as kids we used to walk and now almost gave up on that kind of walk. We instead chase some fitness n other routine ,pay huge amount, spend so much time to make ourselves healthy. Didn't our parents have a natural and easy way to remain fit?

Giri12, girvani, Viswamitra and 2 others like this.
  2. sarvantaryamini

sarvantaryamini Gold IL'ite

Though I had the chance to go through my husband's cell phone and was very much tempted to, I just let it pass. I am glad I did not go through his phone. Another day of bad temptation gone. Should continue to ward off negative thoughts and keep myself steady even if he does his worst.

kaniths, Anisu, Anusha2917 and 4 others like this.
  3. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Good morning everyone..

These 7am birds chirrups misguiding me to sleep some more time.. need to wake little early..

Yesterday's positive note: Don't find strength with others company, enjoy your own.. arise and move..

Viswamitra, Anisu, Anusha2917 and 2 others like this.
  4. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Met my ex-office colleague after a few years. It was amazing and a good feeling.

kaniths, Viswamitra, Gauri03 and 3 others like this.
  5. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Day 57: had a good harvest from my garden today. All at a time. Hibiscus, roses, tomatoes, chillies and avarekai. Surely it motivates me to do for my garden .

kaniths, Viswamitra, girvani and 4 others like this.
  6. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

Day 9 : Tulsi pooja at home went well..

Day 10 : Had been talking to my niece on her academics and asked her to put efforts in what she is good at. To my surprise ,she brought a book today and showed her drawings. I felt very happy that she has taken my advice in right sense and really working on her strengths.

kaniths, Viswamitra, girvani and 4 others like this.
  7. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

It's raining. Feels like a salve for the soul. The smells and sounds of rain have never failed to lift my spirit. Even more so when the rain comes to a scorched land that has suffered beyond its fair share. Hope this spell of rain puts an end to California's fire season. Another such spell and the hills around my home will turn a lush green, until summer returns.

8. radv

radv Gold IL'ite

I am tempted to ask you- how about posting some snap shots of your harvest and garden in home garden section? I am sure many garden lovers will like it.

kaniths, Anusha2917 and Giri12 like this.
  9. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

A productive day ended peacefully.

10. Blinky

Blinky Bronze IL'ite

I awoke with a strange whim. I am in Karan Johar's 'Coffee with Karan' show, asked: If you were an object what would you be? Spat the reply: A baton.

Last night I was watching "Les Vampires" (1915) of Louis Feuillade and the night before "Dream of the red chamber" (1987).

I could only be a baton, race stick, if I have come my way to discover these stylized works. I am often inquired with puzzlement than amusement on my disposable avatars. Why? But why. I am equally puzzled: why not? You see, there's a shift in voice, think, and activity with each transformation. Earlier, the phenomenon was gradual but now it is rapid. But you blare the same nonsense. Right, IL is only the tip of the iceberg that is hardly representative of my sprawling blather. I am the same to you but not to myself. Tell me, about that baton. Righto, the baton is passed from phenomenon to phenomenon. Isn't phenomenon too pretentious. Ok, let's call them sprinters. The baton is passed from a sprinter to another sprinter, in ascension, each awakening and imparting distinctive modes of learning. But, how do you meet these sprinters. We meet midway. They locate me as much as I seek them. These sprinters hold their sway on me and transport me to a better learning with their *tsks tsks* and *rolling eyes*.

I resist. I like my previous master. I decry. I want to draw out much of the past exhilaration from the current holder. But they equally resist to comply to hold me to my fancy and charm me over with their characteristic approach. Just as I warm to their ways, I am passed to the next sprinter. The holder ceases. The race persists.

Blinky, your baton symbolism, sprinter, coffee could still be pegged in one phantasmal write-up but that vampire hardly makes any sense amidst the objet d'art. What's up with Les Vampires and Dream of the Red Chamber in the opening. Well, isn't that what the sloughing and ascending race is all about ...discovering the world, science, art, works through the tease of my masterly sprinter. Blinky, you must read and watch ...(so forth).

Positive lap: I have had the good fortune in 2018 to be destined for a sweeping baton over other stilled objects.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
    girvani, Gauri03 and Viswamitra like this.