1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Surprises

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Nov 20, 2018.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Do you like surprises. I like surprises and have experienced also. But now a days some surprises can't be given like going to someone's house and give surprise because now adays all are busy and sometimes when we go to give surprise they are not available at home and to go to some people's house we have to take appointment. Even when you phone some keep their phone off in the afternoon .

The surprises I remember when I got promotion as Senior Assistant in Office. I had not given any exam but I got promoted from Steno to Senior Assistant and was given the job of bank reconcilation of the whole Company. I was not even a graduate and did not know much about accounting. But our Vice President was confident that I will handle the Job well. I took it as a challenge and learnt the job and was successful in handling.

Recently my brother and sister in law gave a surprise coming home. Luckily we had just come home and was really surprised to see them.

Once my husband brought a saree for me and gave a surprise ,usually he does not buy and I buy according to my choice.

I don't remember the other surprise s just now

2. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

aren't we getting surprised vijima seeing the locked doors :lol:

I guess your prom surprise would have been like flying in sky :thumbsup:

Nice share vijima :thumbup: Agree we all come across such surprises.
    There are many such surprises but the most embarrassing surprise :pwhich happened very recently during my vacation, after reaching the connecting airport:crybaby2::crybaby2: the customer officer said I don't have valid visa to enter the country :facepalm::facepalm: and I ended up paying for on arrival visa..at the end I felt I should have gone for some local trip in India such was my experience...because there was nothing upto my expectation :crybaby2:0:roflmao:it was a good learning experience. :tonguecrazy: *cost of on arrival visa gave me a mild attach hahhaha.

Good Day.
    Thank you!

GeetaKashyap and iyerviji like this.
  3. iyerviji

Your experience is a real surprise,noone should experience such surprises.yes seeing the locked doors is a surprise.ya dear i felt like flying in.the sky

Adharv likes this.
  4. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijima,

I don't prefer surprises, I am all for preplanning. Nice to read about your experiences.:)

iyerviji and Adharv like this.
  5. gopalan1937

gopalan1937 Silver IL'ite

Ji
    Ms Iyerviji, the latest surprise for us was ,our grand daughter driving down three hours from her college to surprise us who are visiting our daughter in USA. My daughter kept her visit concealed from us. Lovely visit, we should say.

iyerviji likes this.
  6. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Good one Viji Maa.... I too love surprises but only good & positive ones :)

iyerviji likes this.
  7. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Bank reconciliation ? The "joy" of the daily Tally ? In pre-computer times, girls developed biceps opening and closing large ledger books, and lifting and moving them as well.

No need for a/c knowledge or a college degree to deal with double entry books. The ability to concentrate with the work at hand, without being disrupted by the noise in the office is the prime requirement to be responsible for book reconciliations. You must have had the power to control and get a peaceful mind that focussed on your work, and get on with what needs to be done. Not an easy thing for most people. Your boss must have recognized that in offering you the promotion, and a critical job.

Only in private enterprises employees get their just rewards, based on abilities, rather than paper qualifications.

iyerviji and Viswamitra like this.
  8. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    Once my son gave me a real surprise. He was coming on a visit from US to see us and so we were expecting him. But when he came he brought our grandson also with him which he kept a secret. We were very happy to see our grandson also with our son.
    PS

iyerviji likes this.
  9. iyerviji

Glad you enjoyed my post but sad you don't like surprises. You must be a simple person not expecting anything

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  10. iyerviji

Congrats. Yes that's a great surprise