1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Drawing Room Critics

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Nov 18, 2018.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

While watching a cricket match, watching a political debate or like the recent judgement allowing all age group ladies to Sabari Malai and the other two judgement on social issues like adultery and same sex marriage we express our opinion and criticise them only in our drawing room. I do feel judiciary should be careful in giving judgement in religious matters concerning the temples which is followed traditionally. Even social activists from other religions trying to interfere in the Hindu temples tradition and filing PIL. Previously only the aggrieved party was eligible to file a PIL.

Though we do have some opinion we never try to reveal our opinion publicly. In spite of it I have written a blog on the topic LGPT In the year 2011. I have given the link. It was really an eye opener for me on the subject and now the judgement might provide relief to gays and lesbians.

The third Chennai Rainbow Pride Parade

I do feel adultery is a crime whether committed by a man or woman. Perhaps adultery is committed due to various reasons which might be known only to the persons concerned. Even then I presume it as moral degradation. It's my personal opinion.

Anyway as long as it is the life of the concerned people we don’t have to bother about it.
    Now honour killings are happening when youngsters marry outside their cast. I really feel sad thinking why can’t people allow them to live their life and just leave them alone leading their life.
    As lots of changes happening all over the world we have to get adapted to it.
    PS

Thyagarajan likes this.

2. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

PS Ma'am,

Just a couple of days ago I was telling a friend that everyone feels so secure in their arm-chairs that they air opinions on any topic under the sun like how Sachin should have handled a googly, how Infosys Chairman should have handled his detractors or how Deepika Padukone should have handled her marriage ceremony! Someone once said, everybody wearing an underwear has an opinion! Often these opinions turn our rooms into mini battle zones also!

Though all are entitled to their own opinions and belief systems, while expressing them in public one has to exercise caution and sensitivity. If their conviction is very strong they must be bold enough to say it in public and face the bouquets or brickbats too. Online trolling using false names is the worst form of expressing opinions and prejudices.

goldenhoney87 likes this.
  3. gopalan1937

gopalan1937 Silver IL'ite

Ms Pushpavalli Srinivasan, We never try to reveal our own opinion publicly, for the simple reason that it will end up in insulting our caste and community and even resulting in fist fight which we want to avoid.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Smt. Srinivasan:

To be honest with you, I always believed the marriage is between a man and a woman because the society in which I was raised practiced it. Nowadays, things are changing. I wouldn't say all of a sudden people have turned into gay/lesbians. What had changed is they have the courage to openly talk about it rather than hiding it behind their four walls now.

The courts are nowadays giving verdicts that makes no sense. Restitution of conjugal rights is still a right for a married man or woman. If they could commit adultery and it is legal, perhaps no one would apply for restitution of conjugal rights unless they feel morally obligated to be with the person he or she is married to.

Viswa

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Geeta,
    Thank you for your FB. What you have said is very true. Those who use their real name will hesitate to post their opinion online fearing the onslaught and trolling.
    PS

7. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Respected Dr Gopalan,
    Our community would prefer to fist fight among our own people, but not with other communities fearing the onslaught will be too much to deal with as we will be outnumbered by them especially in our State.
    PS

8. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Whether we like it or not we've to abide by the court ruling until it is changed again by another PIL verdict.
    PS

9. PushpavalliSrinivasan

10. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Amulet likes this.