1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Conflict

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamala,

It is a very interesting analogy to say that we have 5 positives and 100 negatives and they are constantly battling among themselves about who would eventually win. Understanding that there are many in this world that are beyond our comprehension humbles us significantly. Limiting the entire world into our limited capacity to comprehend is what appear to be the normal experience. Circle of influence, our own habits, emotions, feelings, etc. contribute a lot into our choices. If we have good company, the voice of intuitive heart is not heard and if we don't, we must listen to the voice of the loving heart.

As you rightly said, pair of opposites is a must to coexist without which we won't understand the value of righteousness and good character. A lesson learned from our mistakes gets burned into our subconscious mind along with the Karma if we know how to introspect.

Circle of influence for Prahalatha was bad but he listened to his heart beating Narayana Narayana all the time and stayed with it despite all the obstacles. Finally, Hiranyakasibhu got killed by Narashima Avatar. Prahalatha is worshiped even today.

Between Sri Rama and Ravana, there is a little difference in terms of knowledge and both were devoted to Lord Shiva. However, Sri Rama lived an inclusive life whereas Ravana built a world in his mind that worshiped him as the supreme. The end result is his end in the hands of Sri Rama.

Viswa

2. Blinky

Blinky Bronze IL'ite

I was told that my avatar was too vowelful and some even confused if there was a stowaway "e" or "a" in that grating and puffed-up name. Hence, a simpler "Blinky".

I usually underpin the last sentence as quoted not to cheery pick but to respond to the nutshelled theme of the post. Head or Heart?

My all time favourite head or heart explanation is a war time short film on reason vs emotion. It is funny, delightful, but foremost helpful on how to tackle the conflict between reason (birthed in the head) and emotion (adopted by the heart). One must reason out and be firm about it through emotion! I would rather prefer it sequentially disciplined as depicted in the film over received wisdom of competing equilibrium. The film might have been commissioned to flash-train the soldiers in war who are ever torn within enemy lines, shoot or flee. Decisions that though involve deliberation might not warrant the time necessary to make that justified move.

A bit of 'Festina lente' meaning "make haste slowly" (sometimes rendered in English as "more haste, less speed"), with the heart hasty to action whilst the head inhibits from the consequences.

That said, I had much confusion on what avatar to choose for my moniker Blinky as two of my endearing characters happen to be Blinky: the venturesome Koala from "Blinky Bill" series and the upbeat troll Blinky Galadrigal. The clamorous head and fistful heart played out against each other.

Hold on, the third competing force instinctual (is that stomach pit?) gained lead and dictated to choose Blinky Galadrigal in its monstrosity as a befitting vibe for my upthrust avatar. Sssh ...don't disclose this expedient clearance to the still squabbling heart and head. (Keep it a blinky secret!)

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    Amulet and Viswamitra like this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

@Blinky,

What a great short film to watch! Perfect to the core describing how the equanimity can be achieved by balancing reasoning with emotion. What this one movie described in short 8 + minutes is what I took so long to write it in a snippet. We who live within the territory of Uncle Sam is currently experiencing how emotions can drive people crazy however small these crowd shrinks to be!

What? There is a third one called Gut feel creating more permutations and combinations to work out? The first two are called Reason and Emotion (one inside the top and the other half way down the top) and what do we call the third one that is located down at the Gut?

Viswa