Who Am I? - Part 5

Discussion in 'New Member Area' started by IL_Admin, May 18, 2011.

1. GlobetrotterG

GlobetrotterG Silver IL'ite

Iam Rekha, lived in Bangalore and Chennai for the most part of my life from childhood. Just moved to UK, i guess i missed participating in IL actively while in Bangalore. Nevertheless , i can contribute my views in whatever way i can.

My little angel is 5 Years old, Iam a single Mom , had to move to UK for better career prospects, and it's really bit suffocating in india being a single mom ( Sorry, to say that). My parents were one of the open minded couples who fell in love. Our family valued love, being good to people , not biased etc. Somehow they failed to realize that they needed to have brought up their daugter in a Conservative way or Choose a son-in-law and family who value being straight , open and practical. I did go through a depressive period, with support from my parents i could rebound and focus on my career. But it was sadder when i realized that many of the women are suffering silently and dont speak up for the sake of family.

Anyway, let me look at the positive side, im doing well and been travelling to different places for my career, meeting people from different cultures. ( My parents are staying with me in UK and taking care of my angel). In the free time, I do contribute to blogs, discussion forums etc

Thanks,
    Rekha
    -----------------------------------------------------
    My blog : www.quora.com/profile/Rekha-K-75

2. Happysteve

Happysteve New IL'ite

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, Really I don't know how I ended up here (though it says ladies :)), I believe men are allowed (if not knock me out). I live in Karama, Dubai and I am married with a kid. I am a creative person by profession work for intentional TV brand. I am a Tamil native speaker but can converse all regional languages So the important question, why I am here? "I need friends male or female :)

3. tenbee

tenbee New IL'ite

Hi. I am Tenbee from America and am married to an Andhra man. We have a newborn and I am a beginner in Telugu... so sometimes things are lost in translation when speaking with my mother-in-law. Here to get some questions answered and learn more about my husband and child's culture.

GlobetrotterG likes this.
  4. neenabeauty

neenabeauty Junior IL'ite

really happy to be here... i am neena...eagerly waiting to be a part of this huge world

5. CAPallaviV

CAPallaviV New IL'ite

Hi ILs. I am Pallavi Venkatachalam. A Chartered Accountant by profession. Happy to join the discussions here. I'll be happy to help with anything related to my profession.
    looking forward to learn more..

6. casadeyra

casadeyra New IL'ite

Hello, I'm casadeyra from Nepal, Welcome you all and how are you?, I'm also new to this forum. I looking Forward to participating in this forum and I Know this is the largest online community for Indian women in the world. We get a safe, friendly and helpful place for all to explore, share and belong things.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  7. shopgirl666

shopgirl666 New IL'ite

My intro: I am in my mid 30s, married, no kids, working in the United Kingdom but from India. I like travelling and the outdoors, would like to connect with others who do!

8. BRINDHADAS

BRINDHADAS New IL'ite

I am an house wife from chennai.Opted for VRS from a lucrative job in Central Government undertaking in chennai.Now assisting my husband who is actively engaged in teaching carnatic bamboo flute to many all over the world via skype.Have a daughter named Madhumitha studying in 10TH Standard.

9. DeveloperVijaya

DeveloperVijaya Junior IL'ite

Hi

I am from Chennai and work from my home (from a closet rather :). I try to make myself useful by making android apps, trying to do something for the community especially women. I love indusladies and have been visiting the site on and off for the last decade or so. Thanks, Vijaya.

noire and GlobetrotterG like this.
  10. Apsarasilks

Apsarasilks New IL'ite

hi we are looking for maid for full time /part female or male for housekeepin in bangalore contact Rahul 9886381749.