1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Lunch Ideas - Creating Balanced Vegetarian Meals

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Shanvy, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Indhradhanu

Indhradhanu Silver IL'ite

Is labneh and Greek yoghurt the same thing?

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Almost yet different.. having eaten both; I like labneh better.probably because labneh is closer to our hung curd than Greek. You should try it from the organic yoghurts series from Rachel’s brand and check the difference of Greek and labneh. Labneh Tastes good with rotis, sandwiches and salad dressing.

Indhradhanu likes this.
  3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

have not been posting much, a little busy travelling to and fro. eating healthy, loads of vegetables, and lots of buttermilk, cucumber juices has been the staple. though my weight has not reduced, my fitness is better, so for the time being i don't worry about the kgs on my scale..

Indhradhanu, Gauri03 and ChandrikaV like this.
  4. rajinee

rajinee Silver IL'ite

Hi shanvy mam n all.
    Im silent reader of dis thread . I need a help.. I remember reading a post by prana.. How to cook millets at home by grinding in mixer . Now I'm not able to find it.. Can someone please help me by telling me how to cook jowar at home... My mom n dad r diabetics want to eat jowar rice ... Tried once it was sooo mashed like upma .. Not granular... Thanku

Shanvy likes this.
  5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@rajinee,

if you are looking to cook jowar that is chinna cholam, clean well, slightly roast a little, not too much as for health mix,
    in a mixie coarse grind it like . run once on 1 speed, later pulse it giving a 2 second interval once or twice. now sieve the mix..the powder will be out and you will get rava like consistency.. you are the judge for how grainy, it should be.

to cook soak for 30 minutes and pressure cook..it will work.. ragi works better for diabetes..even bajra . please read the english equivalents of the millet names.

rajinee likes this.
  6. rajinee

rajinee Silver IL'ite

Thanku shanvy
    V soaked n sundried it before grinding it.. Will try dis.

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

20181110_173933.jpg 20181110_174315.jpg 20181110_174045.jpg

I know @ChandrikaV, cvmam this is what i mad efor diwali. especially with ds taking it to hostel for all those who could not go home owing to a single day holiday..he was in and out in a jiffy but take it as a blessing whatever time he was with us.

chocolate fudge, the nuts, grains ala granola type barfi with herbal jaggery was a super hit among my friends too..
    Eat healthy, and burn it.. did not put on any weight because of diwali sweets or snacks.. i believe it all trickles down to enjoying what we eat, without guilt tripping ourselves, and being aware of what it is. i stayed away from anything that came from the store. i milled the besan, rice flour too. the ladoo was outsourced from a lady who makes them, premium but uses home made ghee, cold pressed oils..

kaniths, swathi27, Gauri03 and 3 others like this.
  8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Ask the mill guy to grind it as a rava texture. sieve it and use the flour with chappatis, and the rest can be cooked as rice substitute..

you even get half broken wheat, barley, and bajra in some stores.. easy to cook.

Indhradhanu and rajinee like this.
  9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

IMG-20181118-WA0011.jpg this is a from a juicer

IMG-20181118-WA0012.jpg mixie, strained...

@Anusha2917 for your reference...there is a difference...

Anusha2917 and rajinee like this.
  10. rajinee

rajinee Silver IL'ite

Will try shanvy... Thanku

Shanvy likes this.