1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need People When Old

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jun 18, 2018.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

No problem vijima.Always loved your threads and wisdom involved..

iyerviji likes this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:upon reading the title I thought about reverse case. It was old age home needs people to serve their inmates.
    2. Your point is well received. But with the way mush rooming of senior homes in India to suit various strata, I doubt seniors need their own kith and kin to live with .
    3. They seem to prefer to live with like minded other oldies in senior citizen homes located preferably in salubrious climate.
    4. The most reliable companion for old people living in palatial houses near sea shore in India built or bought by their wards living away from India seems to be half a dozen dogs of various varities and exposed to constant fear of being robbed and killed.
    Thanks and regards.
    GOD BLESS US all always.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    sindmani and iyerviji like this.
  3. gopalan1937

gopalan1937 Silver IL'ite

Ms.iyerviji, Asage advances,both men and women should try to maintain good health. Maintaining robust health can drive away the fear of lonlinessinoldage.Goodrelationship with neighbours essential.

sindmani, iyerviji and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    Of late it has become the norm of the day that old age people has been left to fend on their own for various reasons. There is no use of lamenting over their fate.
    Though old age people face many health problems it could be kept under control through proper medication and a positive attitude. For those who can afford there are old age homes with all facilities.
    PS

sindmani, iyerviji and Thyagarajan like this.
  5. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Viji
    I wonder if you have read Deepak Chopra's Ageless Body, Timeless Mind. If not, you must read it NOW! In that he says,
    "Perceptions create reality. By changing your perceptions you change your reality. By changing the perception of your body, its aging, and of time, you can reverse your biological age."

We have heard that people of yore lived to be beyond 1000! We need not go that far into the past. Let me tell you about Sadguru Gnanananda who lived in a place about 180 kms from Chennai. At the time of his Samadhi (death) in 1974, he was said to be around 200 years old. I have myself seen him and taken his blessings quite a few times. He was more energetic than me despite our age difference of 170 years!
    Don't assume yourself to be old because everyone calls you Amma.
    Sri

iyerviji, Thyagarajan and Amulet like this.
  6. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Hahaha... this is a good one. Deepak Chopra aches in private, but puts on a potemkin in the public.
    Being young by perception should come easily in anonymous internet forums. We can easily eliminate about 20 years and more, by just not volunteering information on where it hurts when we just get up everyday and be.
    Once in a while I date myself with some oblique references to this or that ( like the opening of the Safire-BlueDiamond-Emerald multiplex in Madras), but in general I don't want to talk about it. At all.

Cheeniya likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Yes I know couples who like to live in old age homes

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. iyerviji

Very true Goplan bro if health is there it is a great wealth and we can overcome fear of loneliness

9. iyerviji

Very true Pushpa mami

10. iyerviji

Thank you Anna for mentioning about Deepak Chopra's book and Sadguru Gyanananda. I was saying about old age people in general. Our relative Is also there who is 94 yrs old and always active. He has pacemaker ,his wife is not there and he does not depend on anyone.He is father figure to all of us and Role Model.

I am always young at heart so I have all young friends. Recently also one lady whom I met first time was saying in this age also you are active and cheerful . I am sixty and thought life is over and I have to learn fromyou

Cheeniya likes this.