1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Watson

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Sep 2, 2017.

1. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

@Viswamitra Sir,

A while ago, while discussing something with a fellow blogger, I had told her that the ''writing" experience has been very fulfilling because it helps me to connect with others easily and also I get to learn a lot from the other fellow bloggers. This aids personal growth too as everyday I get to learn something new and improve my views and perspectives.

I am grateful to you for your words of appreciation and I acknowledge the recognition. Thanks.

Rihana, PavithraS and Viswamitra like this.
  2. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Well-deserved! The multi-talented @GeetaKashyap should get an entire row of Watsons. :)

3. GeetaKashyap

Thanks for your loving words, dear.

Amica likes this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Even though not many words are said in this forum, some ILites have extremely notable presence here in IL. Whenever ILites like the snippet or post written by any of us, it gives a great sense of fulfillment. Sometimes, the sense of gratitude increases in geometric proportion when someone who doesn't say much in IL keep reading most of your snippets and posts regularly. One such person I would like to recognize as Watson for the "greatest cheerleader" to @sindmani.

I have been closely observing her visits to my threads and posts thanks to the notification I receive. How can I ever show my gratitude to her for considering what I write here as worth reading?

Viswa

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    Amica, Srama, vaidehi71 and 4 others like this.
  5. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Thanks a lot. I am a learner . I am trying to gain life skills by reading posts here , filled with wisdom I feel like a family in Indusladies. Thanks to all of u.

Amica, Srama, vaidehi71 and 4 others like this.
  6. GeetaKashyap

This is so true. Sindmani is a voracious reader and she acknowledges whatever she reads and she always makes us feel special. Dear @sindmani, I am grateful to you for this.

I wish she spares some time, once in a way, to write about Pranic healing and similar spiritual topics, which I believe is her forte.

Amica, vaidehi71, Rihana and 2 others like this.
  7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Very true, well-deserved and wish I had thought of it. : ) Sindmani's likes on old posts (and all posts) is very nice to see in Alerts on logging in. Some of the old posts make me ask myself, 'Why can't you be more like that old Rihana?'

@sindmani, hope you will find time to also start posting more. Your posts have wisdom beyond your years and it is presented in a straightforward way.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    sindmani, Amica, GeetaKashyap and 2 others like this.
  8. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Yes, indeed! @sindmani deserves a Watson.

Post more, Sindhu! Your posts are among IL's best — kind, wise and to the point. :thumbsup:

sindmani and GeetaKashyap like this.
  9. Ouroboros

Ouroboros Silver IL'ite

In the wake of my musing on underrated, or in this case misrated, ilite, I choose to call upon @Gauri03 as the unhyped watson in language. She is recognized for her savvy voice and clear thinking and unfussy posts, yet the language maven in her is backgrounded by her other prominent features. She does not churn out consistently fiction or non-fiction over her singular pursuit of factual posts, which conceals her impressive vocabulary.

Until Akshay Kumar swore off from his patented role of a crime-fighting police officer in successive films, no one prized out a comic actor in him. Similarly, Gauri's knack for fielding educational posts clouds her every other form of stylish writing obscured by keen-sighted delivery which rarely enables even the whispers and glimpses of her aesthetic usage of language to pop out.

On reading one of her posts, and scanning the comments thereof, I noticed high praise for her razor-sharp analysis, balanced foresight, and the whole hog but not a marginal remark on her language. It is the language you morons, you are completely overlooking it! You won't find a single disapproving quip on her writing from anyone but none chalk up that competency to her remarkable sense of apt diction.

Once, I showed a post of hers to a friend and she assured me that we both stylize our writing alike. If only I were conceited, I would have believed that but being tightly self-aware and conceited I knew that my dippy-doppy tippety-toppy writing is menial to her elegant and seasoned form of writing. While my rioting words swing, catapult, and others even fly away into interstellar space in a rhapsody, hers always parade in style.

Back in the day, in preparation of the district school inspection, notebooks from well-handwritten students were collected for display. Similarly, if there is ever an inspection of IL writing by the Supreme Council of Virtual Forums, we might have to bump up her threads to give the appearance of Potemkin English that everything is very spectacular English in IL proceeded from her skimmed threads.

I am compelled to write today not knowing if her handiwork is as recognized for her polished English as it is for her pragmatically-charged tone.

I languidly reason that dilettante netizens may be exempted to scratch thoughts in fine English as we customarily blather in this social forum out of habit than purpose, but, when I observe Gauri, I am disciplined in my sloppy mannerism to arrange spelling, heed grammar, whip those tenses and moods to behave, and draft up potential which will one day be dredged up second-in-line during that far-fetched inspection from the Supreme Council of Virtual Forums.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

@Ouroboros

A very well deserved Watson for @Gauri03. In the depth of those wonderful words of wisdom, I always noticed the magnificent style of writing with carefully crafted words. I can't speak for others but as far as I am concerned, it is not being ignored but worshiped in silence as a mark of respect with a big gasp for breath hoping she would find time to write more.

The difference is she doesn't write much due to preoccupation and I wish she gets back writing those wonderful threads she used to write. In the world where we see a whirlpool of words and lack thereof, she prefers to be calm, collected and concise and write occasionally in select Forums whenever she finds time. Her writing talents is hidden behind her carefully crafted words of wisdom and visible only to those who cares to recognize her impressive vocabulary. She keeps everyone tongue-tied in the magic of her analytical depth of the subject and in the process, her brilliance of language is hardly noticed.

Thank you for bringing it to the forefront.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
    Gauri03 likes this.