1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Headphones

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by daisy2015, Oct 25, 2018.

1. daisy2015

daisy2015 Platinum IL'ite

Mia has always been lonely even though she was the nicest girl anyone could ever find. She never got upset about it; always kept herself busy someway or other. She always had a smile on the face even when her heart was breaking into a million pieces. Whoever saw her praised her for her positive nature.

One day she accidentally came across a set of headphones on her way back home. Though at first she hesitated taking them home with her as she never did any such thing before. Besides, she didn’t even possess any kind of music player to use them with but she finally makes up her mind to keep them.

blissfull likes this.
  2. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Oh @daisy2015 you are back! I haven't seen anything from you these days unless I missed something really bad!

Welcome back!

What is with the headphones now :confundio1::confundio1: ?

Waiting for more of your story!

daisy2015 likes this.
  3. daisy2015

@peddadas Thank you. Yes I am back on Indusladies after a very long time. This is my first story after a long break. I hope you will like it. Please don't hesitate to give your feedback even if it is a negative one. I would like to improve myself in writing area and write good stories.

peddadas likes this.
  4. daisy2015

Part 2
    After going home she hid them and forgot all about them for quite some time. One day when she was cleaning the closet she found them covered in dust. After cleaning them she thought of checking them once. She now has a phone to connect them to. She wore the headphones, connected the wire to the phone, chose a song and clicked on 'play' button.

Instead of the song she heard a voice saying “Hello”. At first she thought someone was playing a prank on her hiding somewhere. She checked the entire room, outside the window, but found herself alone. Ruling it out as hallucination she once again clicked play button.

“HELLO!” said the voice again. There was no mistake this time as she knew for sure that the voice was coming from the headphones.

blissfull and muggs like this.
  5. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Ahh.. Mysterious headphones:thinking:
    Interesting start.. Waiting for next part

6. daisy2015

Thank
    Thank you dear. I am posting the next part now. Please do give me your feedback.

7. daisy2015

Part 3

She thought of throwing it away and was about to take them off when she heard, “Please, don’t throw me away. I have been ignored for years by many people. I was left alone in dust without any care. While all the others around me got picked by people, I was left unseen as if I was not at all present there. Finally when no one was buying me the shopkeeper threw me away. You are the first person who recognized my existence in all these years. I don’t want to lose you as well and be alone again. Please, let me stay with you.”

Mia was already scared to death seeing that it can talk but after knowing that it can read minds too she was not sure what to do. She first took off the headphones and started thinking while staring at it. ‘Is it ok to keep these? Somehow it doesn’t seem right.’ These were the questions that were going on in her head.

blissfull and muggs like this.
  8. meepre

meepre Gold IL'ite

Interesting start daisy,... captures the reader's attention.....

Waiting for more

9. daisy2015

Part 4

She silently kept them in the cupboard and went to bed. Whenever she looked at them she could only remember the pitiful words said by the headphones. It is very painful to face constant rejection and negligence. So she decides to start using them.

Days went by quickly and Mia was very happy to have a constant friend with her. The headphones kept her busy and happy with funny stories, caring and soothing words. She stopped doubting her decision about them and started having fun. Her parents started getting worried that she is no longer spending time with them and is always busy listening to music. One time it so happened that her mother took away her headphones and hid them and insisted that she will return them back only if Mia promises her that she will spend time with them just like before. Though Mia got furious she controlled her anger and promised. She didn’t want to spend even a minute without her headphones. They have become a part of her now. She can’t explain it to her parents because she was not sure that they would believe her. Even if they did, she was sure they will throw away the headphones as the thought of having such a thing at home itself seems a bit scary.

blissfull likes this.
  10. daisy2015

Thanks meepree.