1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

An Avalanche Of Apples!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by meenasankaran, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

"One apple a day keeps the doctor away". You get enough apples to close down a whole lot of clinics. If you are bored of eating apples as apples (I hate doing thatr). think apple crumble, apple str apple korma, apple curry, apple pulao, biyani etc. You must have enough apples to make deepavali sweets.. Look at the bright side . In those days there used to be an avalanche of coconuts during navaratri in India. We got tired of eating all the time. Still there will be enough coconut for avial, aracchuvittu sambhar , coconut garnish on your veggies, There will still be enough coconut for Deepavali sweets . Aren't you happy you escaped all that?

meenasankaran likes this.
  2. gopalan1937

gopalan1937 Silver IL'ite

Ms Meenasankaran, we were wondering how to dispose off so many apples, when i saw your posting. Had a good laugh. Wish some one comes out with a prize winning solution.

3. gopalan1937

gopalan1937 Silver IL'ite

Viswa sir, Very good ideas. If in India , distribute to orphanages. For US. I intend talking to some more people.

Viswamitra likes this.
  4. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

@Balajee
    Dear Balajee,

You made a good point about me escaping the avalanche of coconuts. I didn't think about that. I do love arachhu vitta sambar and aviyal but how long can one indulge in that, right?

Also, me making diwali sweets using apples may not be in the best interests of my family. As there is no delicate way of putting this let's just say that I suck at making any sweet but payasam. My kids made me promise a long time ago that I will treat them to an ice cream if the spirits ever move me to give them a sweet.:D Thanks for stopping by Balajee.

5. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

Dear @gopalan1937 sir,

Like you, I am waiting with bated breath for that prize-winning solution to this excess fruit problem of Navarathi. Glad you enjoyed the post sir.