Need Help/suggestion From Experienced Il's

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by arch1984, Oct 19, 2018.

1. arch1984

arch1984 Senior IL'ite

Little about me...I have a 4 year old daughter conceiving her took 1 year ttc...but had no issues.
    she was full term all healthy baby.
    When my kid was 9 months old i got pregnant but found no heart beat in 7th week scan and started bleeding a week later. Anyway i miscarried after 2 weeks naturally. After 3 months of miscarriage i conceived again. This time they found the heartbeat. At 9 weeks i have travelled to India as i was not able to manage with the toddler and morning sickness.At 20 week scan found the baby to be 18 weeks. Doctor said + or - 2 weeks is common at this stage and also there was dilated kidneys issue. At 6 months i came back to US and found the baby to be SGA (Small for gestational age) growth restricted baby. After a month i lost this baby too.
    after these incidents i stopped ttc for 2 years to recover both physically and mentally. When i decided i will start ttc (i am 34year old now)...i started tracking my ovulation with no positives. With doctors advice i started 2 round of clomid for 2 months with no luck. And 2nd month i had extreme pain on the right lower abdomen. I stopped using the tab. Finally I got pregnant again 2 months after stopping the tablet. (may be clomid triggered the ovulation). Now same thing no heartbeat seen at 8 weeks and the growth showed only 5 weeks 4 days...same thing repeated in the following scan a week later. MIscarriage again.
    I am seriously stuck about my next step in ttc. Should i try naturally after 3 months or go for IVF.
    Please suggest me ladies @Vasumathy

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I am sorry for your losses. Are you seeing an Ob-gyn or an RE?

3. arch1984

arch1984 Senior IL'ite

Hi Malstorm

I am seeing a Ob-gyn for this.

4. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Go see an RE. You need someone who can diagnose you for the cause of repeated miscarriages.

5. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Submitted too soon. If your doctor hasn't done so already you should ask them to run the repeated pregnancy loss (RPL) bloodwork panel. Also get a sperm analysis done for your husband.

6. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Reproductive Endocrinologist, for the uninitiated.
    Best Wishes.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  7. arch1984

arch1984 Senior IL'ite

Hi Malstorm

Thank you for the information...i will see an RE and get the testing done

8. arch1984

arch1984 Senior IL'ite

hi Sokanasanah

Yup...i have been to an RE as a preventive measure before having my first child...Thank you