1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Pls Help

Discussion in 'Sewing & Stitching' started by CoolPie, Oct 24, 2018.

1. CoolPie

CoolPie Silver IL'ite

Hi ILs,
    I am a beginner and I just bought a sewing machine Usha janome marvela.
    After setting us the machine for sewing, when I start stitching, the thread immediately comes out of the needle.
    Therefore it doesnt stitch anything.

I tried several times after inserting the thread in the needle and also checking the bobbin and its case. Everything seems perfect. But the moment I start stitching, the thread goes out of the needle.

What do you think the problem would be?

2. Lalithambigai

Lalithambigai IL Hall of Fame

We no longer have the sewing machine but I do remember encountering this situation a couple of times while growing up. Congratulations! on your new acquisition. Though I don't know the model there must be a way to adjust the tension, we used to have a lever, it should help if you lower the tension a bit. Also we used to hold the loose end of the string coming off the needle just about till it took off. Rarely changing the needle helped too. Though I doubt you will need to do this we also used to unroll the bobbin and reroll it and it used to work. Those are all the issues I can remember now though I don't know if they would help on your latest model.

Thanks for this opportunity to relive all those moments trying to help my mum by trying to answer this question :)

CoolPie likes this.
  3. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Sewing Machine! It has been ages ....

Ok, as far as I can remember, you need to hold the end thread from the needle and do one rotation of the wheel to get the thread to go into the bobbin area and pull out the bobbin thread. Then pull out the bobbin thread. Now you are ready to stitch

Perhaps there is a you tube video for you to check.

SuiDhaaga, CoolPie and Bhaskaran like this.