Gabfest: And Thereby Hangs A Tail

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Cimorene, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

The iceman winneth again after 5.5 years! Congratulations to the die-hardest Kimi Raikkonen fan I know. 2018 ain't so bad now, is it? : ) Just when everyone wrote him off he goes and wins the US GP. A nice farewell victory.

KR.jpeg

kaniths likes this.
  2. Gauri03

They are low maintenance plants. Keep it indoors near an indirect source of light, water a couple of times a week and it will thrive. Not sure how bad Dubai winters get but they don't care for cold weather or too much sunlight.

kaniths likes this.
  3. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Haha yeah, a much-deserved win. He gave himself a nice birthday gift! Finest driver that he is but a wingman too, facilitating Ferrari's chosen boy's driver championship wins from the back, never got a chance to drive for himself. Always always the bridesmaid! :pensive: Hopefully, things get better at Sauber in 2019. I love his attitude! One time, when he had issues with the Lotus team, he stopped the car mid-race, walked out just like that and flew back. By the time race was over, he was home with his family! :sweatsmile: That's how he shows the finger. :tongueout: Like now, like this win! :wink:

Screenshot_2018-10-22-05-43-42-152_com.twitter.android~01.png

When everyone thought his racing days are past him and time to retire, he joins Sauber! A journalist asked, why? Kimi being Kimi... "Why not!" :laughing: Lol. And my personal favorite,

Kimi, what you think about the fastest lap record?

videotogif_2018.10.22_08.48.41.gif
    *bwoah*:lol::lol:

He is 'The Wall' in cricket language. Humble geniuses. #Respect :hearteyes:

His winning moment, goosebumps! The Iceman conqueth!! :cheer::cheer:

Screenshot_2018-10-22-05-55-05-788_com.twitter.android~01~01.png

Ain't no farewell yet baby, nobody can strike him off from F1! :sunglasses:

ezgif-4-fda7471b6875.gif

Lol. My anniversary day ends with sweet joy! :tonguewink::blush:

Gauri03 likes this.
  4. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

^^ Fangurrrling there! :grinning: Don't mind! :blush:

Noted. Will see to that, Thank you. :innocent:

5. Gauri03

He's good but he ain't Schumacher. ; ) Now that was a genius driver. Still holding out hope for a medical miracle in his case. Though I do agree Ferrari didn't treat Kimi right. Always had him play second fiddle to Vettel. Glad he is moving on.

6. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Noooo. Don't. :nono: Sachin isn't Dravid isn't Dhoni! :smash2: Senna isn't Prost isn't Schumi isn't Kimi! They are legends on their own aspects, silly! :boxing: :grinning-smiley-048: Everyone is a Schumi fan first. #Respect :beer-toast1:

Gauri03 likes this.
  7. Gauri03

Have you seen Rush? The movie is about the rivalry between James Hunt and Nikki Lauda in the 70s. I am not into sports flicks but this one is really well done. Another F1 movie I liked was the documentary Senna. It is captivating and poignant. Fair warning: I sobbed like a blubbering fool at the ending. Definitely worth a watch. They were both on Netflix when I saw them a couple of years ago.

kaniths likes this.
  8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

@Gauri03

Because of BP medications I take, I am unable to hike which has been a major ambition for me in life. I have climbed Thirupati Temple but not steep hikes other than my childhood period. I have a feeling I might come back in another life to fulfill just that wish alone.

When I went to Italy, my wife cleverly chose to remain in the ship. My son and I went on a day trip to see Pisa Tower and Florence. After the bus stopped near Pisa Tower, my son started running up the Tower. I was slow but steady up to 75% of the Tower. The steps became narrower and narrower beside being angular due to the bend of the tower. When I was about to give up, I saw a lady fainting right in front of me, I stopped her from falling and sprinkled some water on her face. With the paper in hand, I was fanning he face and her husband profusely thanked me as he climbed faster and came back noticing the missing wife.

When I reached the ground, I realized my heart was pounding so much and it took nearly an hour for me to recover from that climb. After that I never venture climbing a lot of stairs.

Viswa

Gauri03 likes this.
  9. Gauri03

The lady was lucky you were around to provide timely assistance. I'm not a fan of climbing stairs either. Going up is a test of your lungs but climbing down is a test of your knees. I have bum knees and I stress them enough with running. Stair climbing is not my cup of tea. That's what elevators were invented for. : )

You don't need another life to enjoy hiking, Viswa. Take a look at www.alltrails.com. You can search for hiking trails in your area and filter by features like difficulty level, length, user rating, dog-friendly routes etc. Find a gentle, 2-4 mile low elevation trail, take Orion along, and it will give you as much pleasure as a strenuous, high-difficulty climb. The real joy is in being outdoors and immersing the senses in nature.

10. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Cult classics! Yes! :hearteyes: Had watched them back in the days when DVD rentals was still a thing! :smile:
    I enjoy sports flicks. :blush: Some I find inspiring, some for the fun. :innocent: Rocky, Radio, Remember the Titans, We are Marshall, Jerry Maguire, Million Dollar Baby, Karate Kid, Rocket, Cool Runnings, Sea Biscuit, Shaolin Soccer, Air Bud, Space Jam, Bend it like Beckham... Flubber counts? :grinning: Lol. Chak De, Lagaan, Mary Kom, Saala Khadoos, Dhangal... Some Tamil and animation movies too... have a long list of favorites! I should ask you about horror movies instead I guess. Go on, share. Let's see how many I dared enough to watch in all these years! :sweatsmile:

:shakehead: :facepalm: :lol: