1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Whispers Of Love

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by blackbeauty84, Jul 16, 2018.

1. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

awwwww

:beer-toast1::beer-toast1:

2. ammusatheesh

ammusatheesh Gold IL'ite

Happy for Dev and Ramya :)

3. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

BB ma'am nice to see you on form...:thumbsup:
    Dev party party :banana: :beer-toast1:.. cute update BB ma'am :clap2::clap2: thank you and look forward for the next update.

4. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

arre wah..super for Dev...and Srikanth is fallinggggggggggggggg

5. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

:)

6. blackbeauty84

Yes it's celebration time for them..

7. blackbeauty84

Thanks Thanks Adharv

8. blackbeauty84

Yes yes

9. blackbeauty84

Chapter-16

Harini

I was getting suffocated in a bus on the way home, when I heard the phone beep. It was a message from Srikanth, ‘Sorry couldn’t catch up with you. Can we meet tomorrow morning at cafeteria?Say 8.30 am’ message read. My mood instantly lifted. Offlate just his name is enough to put a smile on my face. Only problem being Vidya somehow thinks Srikanth is a playboy kind.

When I reached home, I knew something was wrong. Father was not seen around and mum’s face has become swollen.

‘What happened Nandini?’ I asked.

‘Don’t know..I too just reached home…’ she said.

After sometime my mother opened up. Seems my father’s construction company got a contract in a town in interior of tamilnadu and my father is deputed there for next two years. He wanted my mother and us to follow him there.

‘I told him that I cannot do that considering Nandini’s college and your job. Also I wasn’t sure whether I would get a new job there. He threw a fit came drunk to my workplace and started breaking things. Now they have fired me and I have to pay for things your father broke, last two month’s salary gone.’ Harini’s mother cried.

‘It’s okay ma..we will manage.’ Harini asked.This was a good news if that man will not be around for two years.

‘Your father said he will not send money or visit us..How will we manage?…’ her mother said.

‘As if he was giving loads previously..Ma You seemed to have forgot I started earning.’ I said.

‘I was hoping to save that for your marriage, Harini. I’m not sure when I will get another job’ she said amidst sobs.

‘Ma come on. Don’t worry about marriage and other things. It’s not in near future. We will sail through this.’ I said assuring her.

She remained grim throughout the dinner so was I and Nandini. Next morning she too got ready along with us for job search. I started early to office as the situation at house was pretty bad.

‘Anything wrong?’ Srikanth asked as soon as he saw me in cafeteria. A part of me wanted to say everything’s right but I ended up telling everything.

‘Just give me a minute…’ he went away in making a call. ‘Well, Harini a bakery I know is looking for a manager for their new branch. If your mom would be interested, I can speak to the concerned person.’ He said. When I relayed the message to mom, she almost jumped with joy. Srikanth arranged for a discussion that same day around three.

‘Many many thanks Srikanth. It would be a good break for mom if she gets this.’ I said. ‘Srikanth, you called me to discuss on something else right?’

‘Mm yes..but let’s do that when your mind is free.’ He said. Dev entered cafeteria that time and Srikanth called him to our table. Srikanth looked at Dev and whispered something in his ears.

‘You…No I’ll tell you later.’Dev replied. I couldn’t understand what was going on but I could see over the induction these two have become very thick friends.

Padmini, our manager had given some odd job of publishing HR magazine and I was working with Vidya on how to go about it. Around five my mom gave a call and told me that she will be joining the bakery next week. She was elated as she got a good job very soon and asked me to thank Srikanth on her behalf.

I wanted to say thanks to him in person, so I went to the floor where he was working. When I found his workplace, he was busily discussing something with a girl. It was only when she moved away from his place, he noticed me.

‘Hello..You could have disturbed us. We were just chatting.’ He said. I told him what my mother conveyed.

‘It’s nothing Harini. I just made a referral nothing much. Since your mind is relatively free now can we discuss now?’ he asked and led me to the small breakout area in his floor.

He told me about IIM’s, it’s entrance, preparation and of course the career benefits.

‘It will be a tough ride but completely worth it. This would be the best option if you want to move up in career and ofcourse earn a lot. I will help you in all possible ways.’ He said finishing detailed explanation.

‘..point is I don’t have much money to go for coaching classes ….’ I said.

‘I considered that..I have my brother’s preparatory material and I’ll ask around my friends if they have any additional things. Since we are in same office I’ll teach you whenever I find time, Dev said he would help as well.’ He explained.

I was overwhelmed that he thought through completely from my angle and when I was about to express my gratitude for the same there was a voice.

‘Srikanth..I just saw your report. Tell me a single reason why I shouldn’t throw it in dust bin.’ Said a short looking man. This must be ORK the person Srikanth cribs about.

When Srikanth hesitated to give an answer ORK just continues ‘ I don’t have all the time in world. Are you going to talk or not?’ I made a silent exit as ORK glared at me but I could hear Srikanth’s response.

‘Well, the report was prepared by me and validated by Sameer.’

Within few minutes there was a message by Srikanth, sorry for the interruption. Yeah that’s ORK. I’m mailing you the study plan and some of the materials I used. Start from today. Good luck.

It was going to be tough but I felt hopeful especially with Srikanth guiding me.

10. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite