1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lesson

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Viswa glad you took it positively and not as an insult or snub.

Viswamitra likes this.
  2. salad

salad Gold IL'ite

Dear sir,

God has his own way of teaching! I liked the way you portrayed it.

Also it reminded me to visit my bhajan center. It has been few weeks, cause of one by one reason( may be excuses ) I missed it.

Thank you !

Viswamitra likes this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Balajee,

Some experiences unfold in front for us to learn while others to unlearn. Biggest mistake I can do is to stroke my ego and get offended by sweating on such a small stuff. We learn as much from pain as pleasure.

Viswa

4. Viswamitra

Dear Salad,

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I know you liked this post as you are the first one to like my snippet. You are right. He teaches in many ways. Hope you find time to visit your bhajan center soon and enjoy the elevating experience. :)

Viswa

5. salad

salad Gold IL'ite

Even I typed first response but couldn't post it. Later when I signed in it was there, so first thing I did is post it. :).

Viswamitra likes this.
  6. Blush

Blush Senior IL'ite

Great way of writing.. Really liked it..

7. Viswamitra

@Blush,

Thank you very much for your response and for the compliment.

Viswa

8. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:That was once again a great innings with bhajans. kudos to your simple yet riveting meaning and unforgettable learning.
    I remembered aganda bhajan organised in a flat in which many participated but my spouse and I and stayed in a room in that flat which owner allotted us. Being just wedded and we were just a fortnight old tenant that Saturday we vacated our room to enable participants to occupy. We were expected to participate but we spend the day and night in nearby friends home. We felt somewhat guilty in skipping it. Next day when we came back to our room, the owner cheerfully welcomed us and thanked us for our gesture of vacating the room for a day . When I was about come with some excuse for not joining in the bhajan, that land Lord told me The Lord will be kind to my spouse and I for vacating the room for bhajan and the Lord will sure be pleased and would bless us soon. A week after this event, gynec confirmed she conceived and around that time I got promoted to higher rank.
    Bhajan brings to mind the full fledged bhajan in the move in long distance local trains from Dombivilli or Kalyan to Bombay VT. That vittal vittal would contiue to reverberate even after I left the station and commenced work in the Ballard Pier office.
    Participation in saying or even mere attendance in it renders the person to enjoy a serene and calm or balanced mind. Worries overflows out of mind and it is replenished instantly with pure thoughts of love.
    I have found those who and their parents did continuous or regular bhajan in great groups have been living peacefully comfortably and their wards well stationed in life with sound progenies.
    Thanks for the nostalgia.
    GOD BLESS.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    Adharv, Viswamitra and GeetaKashyap like this.
  9. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viswa sir,

It takes a very grounded person to admit to have had an egoistic moment. We have all experienced such moments in life but not all of us know to walk away from these incidents with a positive message for self and others. Kudos to you for that. Excellent post!

Viswamitra and Thyagarajan like this.
  10. Viswamitra

Dear Sri. Thyagarajan:

Thank you for your wonderful response. I am glad I brought back great memories for you. You and your wife were too kind to vacate your room so that spiritual activities could take place at the residence where you were living. It is a very kind gesture. No wonder, you both were blessed.

Even here in the US, whenever there is a regional retreat, devotees travel by us singing great bhajans throughout the journey. It is always a very elevating spiritual experience. Even when they do services in the center, they sing bhajans while arranging give away packets for the homeless. When I worked in SEEPZ, I have asked my wife to come to Andheri and participated in several very interesting programs in Dharmashetra. Once I was invited to present a paper in the International Conference organized by the spiritual organization. Once I got an opportunity to travel as a group to India to participate in 15 day visit and we enjoyed those days so much. We did a lot of service activities and finally we got an opportunity to sing as a group in Kulwant Hall.

These memories are etched so deeply in the mind and I can never forget. Even weekly trips to the center on Sundays are memorable nowadays. There is so much to learn from other devotees as they share some practical tips always for right living.

Viswa