Chatter And Banter - Politics In North America

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by Laks09, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

President George W. Bush took some heat when he arranged to fly Bin Laden's family out when all the planes were asked not to fly above the US territory. Saudi Kingdom has been a major influence in the Mideast but has been a big financiers for many terrorist groups through religious funding of Madrasas throughout the world. When President Obama called their bluff, they got very irritated with the US and had the worst ever relationship with the US during his period.

In the past, they were passively involved in shady activities outside of their territory while they have been one of the worst human right violators inside their country. This is their first alleged assassination outside their territory. They always had a very close business relationship with Trump Organization. When he became the President, this business ties were strengthened and Jarad Kushner became a close friend of MBS while MBS house-arrested family members to become the successor to the Kingdom. There are rumors that he controls the King and the Kingdom already. Jarad and MBS were rumored to have worked until late night to work out a strategy as to how systematically take over the Kingdom.

Emboldened by President Trump's pass of Russia for their election meddling, killing of their ex-citizens outside of Russia through chemical attack, now Saudi Arabian Kingdom which is already close to President Trump's administration attempted to lure the Saudi citizen/US Resident Journalist into Saudi Arabia. Since their attempts failed, when he needed documents for his marriage, they were alleged to have scheduled an assassination attempt in their Consulate in Turkey by asking him to collect the documents on October 2nd. Turkey government claims that they have audio/video evidence of torture and dismembering of the Journalist. Unfortunately, Turkey government is not very clean in their dealings with the press. In order to win the confidence of the President, they released a Pastor kept in their custody. There are video evidences of the Journalist entering the Consulate but there are no evidences of his returning from the Consulate.

Besides Turkey has produced evidence of Saudi Arabian hit team arriving in Istanbul who are considered close to MBS. The evidences so far are circumstantial but Turkey doesn't want to share the audio and video evidence in its entirety as it would reveal their source of collecting intelligence information. Turkey government is now searching the Consulate and Consulate General's residence when he already left the country on his own volition. Today audio recording of the Consulate General telling the team not to do it inside the Consulate as it would get him into trouble and one of the team members telling him to shut up if he was planning to return to Saudi Arabia after his term.

Usually, the US takes the lead in objecting to the suppression of the freedom of press. Now, considering the close relationship of Saudi Kingdom with the President through business and also through the office of the President, his delay in condemning the Saudi Kingdom is raising a few eyebrows. Moreover, the US intelligence is considered as extraordinary like Israeli Mossad and the President telling the people that we are still in the process of collecting facts is unbelievable.

Please read Senator Graham's comments below and it looks like he developed some backbone finally to say something against President's view again.

Sen. Lindsey Graham says Saudi crown prince had Khashoggi 'murdered'

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

People, will a bunch of dems voting early bring the republicans with baand baaja to the polls? Asking for a friend :grimacing:

3. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Please stop focusing on irrelevancies - concentrate on the hard issues: Kanye or Taylor?
    :cool:

Viswamitra, Amica and Laks09 like this.
  4. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

5. Laks09

You made me go to rafeal’s Website??:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Is this an inside job because they are a little scared now. They called me today for my support. I told them he has my “prayers” and will definitely win. The volunteer was very happy and noted down that I’m a supporter. Then she asked me for volunteering. I agreed to talk to all of my friends too. :beer-toast1::beer-toast1::beer-toast1:
    Which republican in tx canvasses Indian votes in the suburbs. Usually none. There is a first time for everything!

Viswamitra and Gauri03 like this.
  6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Beto beats Ted sounds too good to say. We need to read it in the newspaper.

shravs3 and Laks09 like this.
  7. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

:astonished: Would this face do that to you?!

Looks like a Beto supporter registered TedCruz.com through GoDaddy. :lol:

Cruz should have bought the domain himself.

Beto's campaign did it right: betoorourke.com/ and betofortexas.org/ redirect to betofortexas.com/.

Laks09 likes this.
  8. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Because Trump and Kushner by all accounts have personally benefitted financially from their association with the Saudis. They don't want to upset the apple cart even though evidence is mounting against MBS.

Rihana and Laks09 like this.
  9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

This man was our President.

Some of the comments under the video are so on the dot. God.. to think of what we had, and what we have. He was not perfect, but like a comment there said: "Obama was classy, charismatic, relatable, informed, and one of the best president's we've had. And I miss hearing a president who speaks in full sentences."

Laks09 and MalStrom like this.
  10. Laks09

I stood in line for an hour yesterday to vote. Usually it’s only the poll workers when I go there on the first day of early voting. Yesterday they were an overworked lot!
    We’ve been having record turnout at the polls. More voters I heard was good news for dems, especially at campuses. Fingers and toes crossed!

MalStrom likes this.