1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Drinking Cumin And Fenugreek Water

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by sadwife, Oct 14, 2018.

1. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

Hi.

Is it safe and healthy to drink cumin water every morning on empty stomach? Does it help to lose weight besides it's other listed health benefits? And also can I drink fenugreek water every 2 to 3 days to prevent diabetes?

Thank you so much for your time.

2. Ushasantosh

Ushasantosh Silver IL'ite

Hi there..
    Drinking cumin seed water on empty stomach is good for weight loss. In fact using any natural remedy for weight loss will not create any problems. But only by drinking this it's not possible to loose weight. A good exercise regime of yoga in long run helps a lot..
    Good day!

oysterzzz likes this.
  3. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

Hi Ushasantosh,
    Thanks for your reply.
    Yes definetely with proper diet and exercise.
    Can drinking cumin seed water be made a life long practice or need to be stopped after a certain period of time? I read it helps to prevent diabetes and high cholestrol.

Thank you.

Nausheenshaikh1 and Prashali like this.
  4. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Please let us know:
    1. Where did you read such a thing.
    2. Did they give you any recipe for how to prepare cumin or fenugreek water ? Aren't these just rasam and sambar ?

Sunshine04 and dhivyacc like this.
  5. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

Hi Amulet,

1. Few people that I know have mentioned that taking fenugreek controls the sugar level for a diabetic but they still need to take the diabetes medication as been directed by the doctor. Should keep track of their sugar level so that it doesn't get too low as both the medication and fenugreek have the tendency to reduce the blood sugar level. Those without diabetes can consume once or twice a week to prevent diabetes. Try to google and check on youtube.

2. Soak fenugreek seeds in hot water overnight. Drink it in the morning on empty stomach. You can also take it in powder form. Grind the fenugreek seed, mix some powder in warm water and have it in the morning. Same with cumin. Soak cumin seeds over night in hot water and drink it in the morning. Measurements I took online but modified a bit.

6. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for your answer...
    • How much fenugreek, how hot/how much water ?
    • OK.. I googled and found a clinical study...LINK==> Here

7. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

Thanks for sharing the link Amulet.
    My cousin's grandma was diagnosed with diabetes at the age of 61. She never took any medication. She only drank powdered fenugreek dissolved in water and for the next check up her blood sugar reading was normal. I am not sure what was the doctor's advice to her but she never took any medication, just continued taking fenugreek everyday. At the age of 80 medical report showed no issues. She died at the age of 82 due to old age.

I soak 1 tsp of fenugreek in 160ml of hot water overnight. Will have it next morning on empty stomach together with the seed.

At times I take half a tsp of powdered fenugreek in luke warm water in the morning. Don't have to be kept over night.

Fenugreek I take like in 2 to 3 days.
    Rest of the days I soak 1 tsp of cumin seeds in 160ml of hot water for about 30 mins in the morning and have it on empty stomach, the water and the seeds.

Most of the articles mentioned to take 1 or 2tbsp of fenugreek or cumin in 240ml of water. Since I take less than that, I only use 160ml.

Eager to see my routine medical test report in few months time.

8. kalaidin

kalaidin New IL'ite

Hey all, Drinking cumin & fenugreek water is good for health and they act as a catalyst when you have a good life style like 0-sugar diet, good exercise/yoga, 0-packed/carbonated drinks. Be careful on fenugreek water if you drink in excess you may catch cold.

Happy Dieting!

sadwife likes this.
  9. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for the details of the dosage, and preparation.

The routine medical report about HbA1C ( Hemoglobin-A, with a glucose (C-for carbohydrate) attached to the position number 1) is the most critical one. Hemoglobin that is attached to a glucose is inefficient in carrying oxygen. As there are more glucose in the blood, more Hemoglobin is thus wasted. When hemoglobin is not carrying oxygen to the body's cells, we tire easily even at small tasks. The percent of Hemoglobin thus wasted is what the analysis number reports. For well controlled low blood sugar, it will be 6% or lower.

I am in charge of prodding a couple of old people into good eating and exercise behavior. I use panchatantra -- well, at least 3 of the five -- incentive, threat, and pleading.

I noticed that you have a footer line that says you are not sad anymore. Good for you!
    You can ask the Moderator or Admin to change your name to something that does not have "sad" or "wife" in your name. I recommend Femin, it is short and easy to type for those who might tag you. A combination of fenugreek and cumin, as well as a strong hint of WOMAN. All around good name. Write a note to @Cheeniya and ask how to change your user ID name.

Good luck to you.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
    kiran82 and sadwife like this.
  10. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

Amulet thanks for explaining in detail.
    And your comment on my username..
    Well that was what I immediately had on my mind when I was newly married and was upset over something and wanted to get some advice here. I am all right now but no intention to change it yet atleast for now as I joined IL with this username and wish it to remain the same but am definetely considering your suggestion. Thank you so much.