1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Deal With Incompatibility

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by shravs3, Aug 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Actually this is the condition of many women in H4 in the USA like me. We can't open a bank account as far I know as H4 holders don't have Social security Number. We can have joint account with spouse . But spouse is unwilling . So less cash in hand and no credit card in hand is the situation. But now I understand the importance because we may need money urgently in certain situations . Thanks for the info.

Sweety82 and shravs3 like this.
  2. troubledmom

troubledmom Gold IL'ite

@sindmani,

I like your positivity. See if you can get a ride with one of those families you teach to local library there are lots of resources there.

In this trumpasura era, the plight of immigrants and their dependents is really really dire. Anything can happen at any time - even 2 old people going for walk in my community got knocked down by a speeding driver... if there is emergency banks will only release your funds to people whose name is on the form as next of kin after verifying 100 times. I cannot emphasize this enough. A joint account is a must. Must and should. Try to convince and get a cc and a debit card.

You need to develop a credit history. Ideally put at least one of the utilities in your name and you pay the balance every month from the joint account. Spouse’s lack of credit history will cost you heavily when you people apply for house loan or car loan.

sindmani likes this.
  3. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Always good to do something which we like . Wow meditation is a good thing

sindmani likes this.
  4. Ushasantosh

Ushasantosh Silver IL'ite

Hi Shravs..
    Check wat makes u interested. It may be yoga, art n craft, painting, cycling,knitting, crocheting,gardening.. .There r endless options.. These r stress busters.. Try ur hands on any if these. Keep occupied n urself busy. U will be the changes..
    Even I felt life is monotonous especially after having kids. But I tried my luck on painting n art work. I was so pathetic at all these. But now am improving n my mind is always thinking abt new ideas. It's full of positive thoughts..
    Smile,
    Usha

shravs3, Sweety82 and sindmani like this.
  5. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

Why don't u search for a job there. I Know the difficulty because I experienced it while I was searching for job there. Finally I ended up joining my higher studies getting loan from India. I cleared my loan after I landed on a job . U can make urself busy through some means. It is possible. Give a try.

shravs3 and sindmani like this.
  6. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Poor OP ... she is merely interested in gingering her dH during weekends so that he would perk up and go out with her on a date. You are trying to give her avenues so that she could also be pooped during the weekends and crash at home with her dH. How do I know ? Read the following Wow on the suggested activity from another recommendation:
    Wow on meditation? That is a promising start. You can assign meditation on your calendar when your dH is in front of TV at home during weekends. Then life would be just so peachy.

7. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

So u quote and quote and quote for the responses given here ? That' s too good a job. Give her some intellectual advice where nobody can give then. My best wishes to you. The intent of this thread is to seek for advices which may help a person on her problems but not on grading or commenting on other responses given here. Thank you.

sindmani, shravs3 and Amulet like this.
  8. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Not everyone understands what a person is going through. Criticising has become hobby for some

sindmani and Sweety82 like this.
  9. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

If you can’t offer suggestions then don’t! Stop criticising people!!!

sindmani and Sweety82 like this.
  10. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

@Cheeniya sir. I have got enough suggestions. Would like to close this discussion .
    Thanks

Sweety82 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.