1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Doing For Your Back Pain?

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by HappyBunny, May 30, 2018.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

@Gauri03,

recently I came across an article which discussed about runners and core strength or lack of it. I am after my DH as well to work on his cross training. That said, I do teach yoga for runners and the poses I have posted are from what I have understood while teaching - the one pose that absolutely did wonders to one of my students (she is a two time Boston marathoner) is the suptapadanghustasana. Even doing some of these poses once a week will make a world of difference.

Look forward to your updates on running as well. Best wishes!

2. rjnarendeepak

rjnarendeepak New IL'ite

@Srama
    I am doing these poses for a period of 10 days....how many times I should do this

3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

@rjnarendeepak ,

I hope you are also getting a doctor's opinion and help for your back pain. I have only suggested what I have heard as helpful yoga poses. I also hope you are feeling better and that poses have made some difference to you.

That said, it is not the times that will but holding the pose for a few breaths increasing the time you hold a pose might be beneficial. Please be aware of pain and how your body reacts as you do these. I usually hold a pose for 5 breaths - inhales and exhales. My exhales are longer than the inhales. It would be awesome if you have a yoga teacher help you with the breaths and how to hold and release the pose. Once you are comfortable with the back, you should work on core strength to help your back.

Best wishes.

4. troubledmom

troubledmom Gold IL'ite

This is interesting. I have similar symptoms beginning numbness in big toe or prickly sensation. After reading your post I realized maybe it could be due to the two epidurals I took in my lower back for my children. I want to try your exercises but couldn’t understand

#3 is to be done while still lying down or while sitting in a chair?
    #4 what is the posture referred here? is it to be done while lying down with bent knees or are you describing vajrasana?
    #5 same question as #4
    Any other exercise suggestions for lower back?
    Btw I tried shirdi sai baba pose while sitting in chair and omg it was sooo hard my knee was almost perpendicular, somewhere near my shoulder... I was shocked have a long way to go

5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

#3 to be tried while seated.
    #4 hold a wall and stand straight. Bend one knee until the toe hits your back. You can use hand to bend it as much as you can.
    #5 while standing, move only one toe forward and backward and also in a circular movement.