1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Gossip Chit-chat!!

Discussion in 'TV' started by puni88, Sep 5, 2018.

1. shivanya07

shivanya07 Platinum IL'ite

All these names reminds me of the magazine “vaaramalar” that used to come on sundays. :rolleyes:
    ipdee dan kisukisu varum adhule “gundu poo” nadikagai kum “kannam kuzhi”nadigarkum.... apdee ipdee nu.
    andha code wrds ae elam kandupidikradhukulla sunday mudinjirum :confused:

2. soumya234

soumya234 Platinum IL'ite

Yes same Sanjeev.
    Sindhu enakkum theriyala. Google panni movies thedi here she is Inaindha kaigal..la Ramki's pair. I hardly watch movies. So zero knowledge:(. Wiki says she was an asthma patient & during Tsunami she was collecting funds & it got worse & died.

Attached Files:

shivanya07 and Sofea like this.
  3. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

hqdefault.jpg

This is Sindhu. Only now I knew that she and Sanjeev are siblings.

shivanya07 and anushri like this.
  4. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

paarungalae appavae naamallaam yevlo vettiyaa irundhirukkomnnu :)

rmpriya and shivanya07 like this.
  5. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Yes, that's true, she was Ramki's pair in that film. I knew her from movies actually. She acted as Prabhu's stepmother in Parambarai and as one of Sarath Kumar's anni in Surya Vamsam.

She came to TV when she was much older and started doing character roles. Metti Oli was one of her famous appearance.

shivanya07 and anushri like this.
  6. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Chinnatha solluradhuku athu onnum chinna story illayama! It comes in 5 Volumes!

But to be very brief, it's a story of Chola empire before Raja Raja Cholan was crowned.

Sundara Chola was the Chola King at that period. He has 2 sons and a daughter (Adithya Karikalan, Kundavai (daughter) and Arulmozhi Varman (who would later be known as Raja Raja Cholan). When the story starts, we were told that Sundara Chola was ill and bedridden and that there's a conspiracy to murder him and his two sons so that the rightful King could be crowned.

Note 1: Sundara Chola was not crowned as King as of right. If I'm not mistaken. his Periappa was the actual King but he died during a battle. At the time of his death, his Periappa's son (Madurantakka) was only 2 years old. As such, Sundara's father (younger brother to the king) was crowned as the King.

When Sundara's father died, the crown should have gone to Madurantakka, but since he was still young, the crown went to Sundara Chola. Madurantakka and Sundara are cousins but age wise, Madurantakka was of the same age as Sundara's kids. Further, Adithya Karikalan was widely known as the crown prince. This is the reason why there was a conspiracy against Sundara and his sons. The conspirators want the crown to be given to Madurantakka and not to Adithya.

Note2: The main conspirator is Nandhini. We were told that she was the ex-lover of Adithya but because he killed her father during a battle, she vowed to destroy his rajiyam. So she got herself married to the much older Chancellor of Chola and through him, she proceeded to gather people to join the conspiracy.

At this period of time, Adithya was in Kancheepuram, constructing a golden palace for his parents while Arulmozhi was in Sri Lanka. Adithya would summon his friend, Warrior Vandhiyathevan (he's the actual hero of the story) to send a message to his parents stating that he wants them to come to Kanchi. The rest of the story is about Vandiyathevan's journey to Chola rajiyam to deliver the message, the people he meets during the journey, including Kundhavai (they both fall in love) and how he came to know about the conspiracy on Chola King and his two Prince. Kundhavai upon learning about the conspiracy, would request Vandiyathevan to go to Sri Lanka and bring back Arulmozhi to Chola King on an immediate badid. So again the story continues with Vandiyathevan's journey to Sri Lanka, the people he meet during the journey etc and how he brings back Arulmozhi to Chola rajiyam.

Surukkama, ivalothan solla mudiyum. But it's a really good read which I would recommend to everyone.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
  7. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Sof, that was a lovely surukkamaaana description.. Didn't remember much of it now, but this kindles the desire to read the book again. I loved the character Poonguzhali, and the short but sweet friendship between her and Arulmozhi. When I read the book I wished they both must get together. Haha. When the Prince marries a princess from Paandavar dynasty, though we like Poonguzhali a lot, we also understand that's the best decision and that people with so much responsibility shouldn't give in to what their heart wants. It was lovely writing. "Alai Kadalum Oyindirukka Aga Kadal dhaan Ponguvanden", alone I remember amidst the lots of poetic lines that were said in the book. The same villain character comes in Sivagamiyin Sabatham too, totally forgot his name.

(Removed the line that had spoilers)

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
  8. ILoveTulips

Haha yes! Exactly I remembered that book only. Andha thinking la dhaaan nayanthaaara va vittutten ... Hahaha. Rose nadigai, madhurai gaandha nadigar, liramu nadigar...

candidheart, anushri and shivanya07 like this.
  9. ILoveTulips

Acho May, I just read this post.. Sorry my post contains spoilers... :facepalm:. Avoid pannunga

candidheart and mayflower2014 like this.
  10. chithirainilavu

chithirainilavu Gold IL'ite

Beautifully written Sofea. Its a treat to read the book. Feel like reading it again. Though read many times. They also say Nandhini is a fictional character. But beautifully portrayed character.

Shara