100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

In service day. Boys were at home. Worked, played and did some cleaning. At the end of the day felt contend.

kkrish, Laks09, Gauri03 and 2 others like this.
  2. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Chaperoned a school trip yesterday. One of the moms is a tad withdrawn around me. At first I wasn't looking forward to being around her for a whole day, then I decided to hell with the preconceptions. All day I made it a point to be around her and make pointless conversation. She tried dodging me initially but I don't give up easily. At the end of the day as I was leaving, after the kids had been delivered safely, she walked up to my car and with a big smile said "you have a great weekend!" I guess I wore down her defenses. :sunglasses:

kkrish, Laks09, radv and 3 others like this.
  3. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

My friends in aberdeen gave me a surprise birthday party. I felt the unconditional love, kindness and joy. It was one memorable day.

Anisu, Viswamitra, kkrish and 3 others like this.
  4. Gauri03

Early morning baking on the weekends has become a mindfulness exercise for me. Waking up before the family, drawing the blinds to peek at the foggy trail beside my house, putting on my favorite classical/sufi music and playing with butter, flour and sugar for a couple of hours is slowly turning into the highlight of my weekends. It was peach upside down cake last weekend and a German chocolate bundt cake with a butterscotch drizzle today. The results have been decent for a novice baker. That the family are loving it is the most satisfying part.

cakes.png

5. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

It was a day with clear sky, trees are still covered with leaves but the appearance of a streak of yellowish/reddish leaves, bright sun but the light breeze makes you shiver, and seeing my boys playing football with their father while I was walking around the school park was a joy.

kaniths, Anusha2917, Anisu and 5 others like this.
  6. Gauri03

Light easy dinner, kids in bed, time to myself. Most days that is all I need to feel at peace.

kaniths, Anisu, Viswamitra and 3 others like this.
  7. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

In service day continued, met my two friends both from the same region from India. Whenever we three meet, they will start speaking in their language and I find very difficult. This time, when I was asked to come over, I asked them politely will you speak in English otherwise please excuse me. They respected and we had a good time.

Anusha2917, Anisu, Laks09 and 3 others like this.
  8. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Exaamsss :fearful:

What else can spoil my day :sweat:

girvani, Anisu, Laks09 and 1 other person like this.
  9. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Okay let me start from today.
    Day 1: I had a peaceful chanting of all the Shlokams I had in my mind. Being tuesday I had some additional stuff in mind to finish. Planned and got up early and did it without much tension. :)

kaniths, Viswamitra, girvani and 3 others like this.
  10. Gauri03

When I drew the blinds this morning, the yard and the trail were shrouded with fog. It was a breathtaking sight. The stillness of the air, the fragrance of the fog and foliage filling up my kitchen, dark trees peeking out of the whiteness, and the brilliant mums in their pots brightening up the pale light. Anyone who lives in my area knows the fog rolls in from the Pacific overnight and settles into the bay, only to disappear by mid-morning revealing the bright and hot NorCal fall weather. I don't think I have ever given it much thought but I love living where I do.