1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Help For A Troubled Married Life. For A Man Who Loves His Family In Toto.

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by KrishnaSri, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

@KrishnaSri,

If your DW and MIL are thinking of filing a false DV case on you, you are past the stage of fixing this marriage. Speak to a lawyer and protect yourself.

If the DV case is just something you suspect they might try, seek couples counseling. Work on your relationship with your DW before you try to fix anything else. The relationship between your wife and mother is irrelevant if you can't trust your DW.

In either event, stop tapping her phone. You are most likely committing a crime. If you feel compelled to invade her privacy, you have no marriage to save. This is not a good life for either of you.

There is no excuse for child abuse. This is the evidence you should record. Your DW needs therapy urgently. If she refuses to seek help, get a divorce on grounds of child abuse and get full custody of your child.

Hiring an army of maids and cooks will not help your family. Save your money for an attorney or a counselor.

2. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

Early in my marriage, I realized that my husband relished his mother’s cooking. It took me a while, but I realized that it has nothing to do with the food being tasty, it has to do with a particular taste that he grew up with. Due to my sheer love for my DH, I cooked with my MIL and learnt to cook her way. I do not understand all the fuss about this.

KrishnaSri likes this.
  3. Joyoflife

Joyoflife Gold IL'ite

I am really appalled by this response. It looks the poster of this response is not aware of the damage done to brain during early childhood years. I can write a lot in reply to this poster but OP I would only say please do not follow this reply and people should refrain from giving such horrible advise to anyone in both real and virtual world.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2018
  4. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

This is child abuse. The poor kid is suffering.

KrishnaSri likes this.
  5. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

I was there long ago. The responses have included references to class specific expected behavior ( shunning widows and divorcees), hereditary family abandoning traits, recommendations of male heir and now this.

6. Joyoflife

Joyoflife Gold IL'ite

I was really horrified by reading that reply. Does this poster think that child is a toy? mum is already taking her frustration on the poor little one instead of suggesting op to act right this poster is suggesting op to bribe his own offspring to know the home politics. I believe if we can not contribute positively to something atleast do not give such absurd suggestions.

7. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

OP your wife is not mentally ill. Nobody likes being micromanaged .They will completely lose interest in the task .I am.working women and I am not that into cooking , but OP wife is homemaker so I think how she keeps house / cooks is very important to her , if that also she is criticised / asked to change then how will she feel.

When we do lot of sacrifice it is admirable. Problem is when we start seeing it as normal and expect everyone to do that .I realised I'm doing this on another post.
    Generally we think DIL should kill her individuality /respect etc and put up with everything . But it's very unhealthy because later when that DIL becomes MIL , she starts expecting same from her DIL and the cycle continues.
    As OPs wife pointed out it makes her feel like servant . So it's better to stop it and start treating each person as equal and not that one person should be managed by another .Would the husband like that wife ask him to follow her father career and become exactly like him or allow his FIL to instruct him that he should change his career ? Would we respect her husband if he did that ? SgBv has explained well.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  8. KrishnaSri

KrishnaSri Bronze IL'ite

Thank you madam, I have my mental filter to weed out such suggestions.

Amica and nakshatra1 like this.
  9. KrishnaSri

KrishnaSri Bronze IL'ite

I know my wife is not mentally ill, but not clean either. All of us have our own beliefs, biases, principle etc... which control us.

When I sensed micromanaging after 3-4 months of my marriage, I have explained this to mother and urged to stop her. This took around 4-6 months. I busted her ego several times and made such that she will not tell anything directly to my wife. Not only criticism any sort of change.

If she has some thing to say she tells me all that, I filter everything and which requires critical intervention/ real merit (as per me), and convey it to my wife in a convincing manner.

I strive to make sure that, it looks as a genuine observation.

I also would like to add another thing. I know that some quarrels, issues arise out of child care. so at 6th month after delivery when she came to my house, after some time, I told my mother in private that she should not give any suggestions to my wife regarding how to feed, take care of my kid etc. I know my mother is knowledgeable, took care of two of her children, helped her sisters during delivery, and took total care of my sister delivery and my wonderful niece and nephew.
    Even then, I know any sort of suggestion from my mother will not be good. So told her, just enjoy when kid comes to you, don't intervene in other issues of child care.

Also I told my wife at the same moment, again personally, the complete care of our kid from feeding, bathing, health care, in total should be her responsibility. I am always there with her to provide all the support she needs.

My wife takes opinions from her mother, aunts, internet etc and tries to feed all that. I am perfectly okay as long as the kid is healthy.

I pester that the kid be bathed clean twice a day, so that her health is good.

This is to say we dont micro manage, but when things go difficult, beyond control I feel intervention is necessary.

yellowmango likes this.
  10. KrishnaSri

KrishnaSri Bronze IL'ite

Thank you all for your kind concern on my 2 year cut kid.

nakshatra1 likes this.