1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

"wondering How Or When"

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by sreeram, May 28, 2018.

1. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

Part: 15

Vaidehi's father surprised everyone by his sudden visit.

"Welcome Anna".

Seeing the box in his hand she spoke to him.

"You need not have troubled yourself for this. I would have collected it tomorrow".

"That's ok ma. This is just a reason but my purpose of visit is actually different".

He hesitated before continuing. Seeing his uneasiness Savithri's mother spoke immediately.

"You need not feel uncomfortable with us at all. You can feel free to talk with us Anna".

All the talks were only between the two and rest of them were all just spectators.

"Actually, i got a call from those people today asking for the date. So thought to check with you people first to know what you have decided".

He looked at Vishwa's father's face for a reply but he remained silent.

"Anna, we have discussed it with both of them and they are fine to proceed. Now everything is in your hands only".

"I have no objections at all ma. I would be the happiest person if this happens as i need not worry about her well being and happiness amd also she will be in front of my eyes everyday. What more do i want than this ma".

Everyone in that house felt that his words were as true as his feelings. And even Vishwanathan's father felt relieved hearing his words and thought "what more really a father would want than this".

He felt contented with the answer he got and it reflected in his face too. His wife kept watching his changing face expressions and knew that he understood the reasons behind her decision.

Both their eyes met each other at that moment and it conveyed all that needs to be said by words.

"Anna, what about Vaidehi? Did you talk to her about this?"

Savithri's mother asked him hesitantly.

"Yes ma, i spoke to her this evening and she is fine with this. I felt that she was more happy today than the previous time. Hope you understand what i am saying".

"Yes Anna". She replied happily.

"I will talk to Chandru when he returns after two days. Hope he will also be happy only. So if everything is fine then i would like to fix the engagement date at the earliest. What do you both say?"

He looked at Savithri's father first and then at her mother.

This time it was her father who responded.

"Sure sure, you just let us know after you speak with Chandru, we will start the preparations immediately".

His wife looked at him with surprise and he looked at her and smiled.

Savithri was confused hearing their conversation. When she Chandrasekar's father she felt a hurt within, then when he started speaking she thought that the alliance came through him.

But later when he talked about Vaidehi she got confused and couldn't understand what they were saying. She decided to remain silent and take things as it comes.

After Chandrasekar's return his father spoke to him when he was relaxing after his day's work.

"How was the day Chandru? You look very tired".

He spoke with concern.

"Day was as usual only pa. Feeling little tired after the trip and continuous work. Will be fine after a good sleep tonight. How is your work going pa? Appoint few more people for help and reduce your work load. You look very weak pa".

Chandru spoke worrying about his father's health.

"Am doing good only. You don't worry Chandru. I have something important to discuss".

Chandrasekar understood that he wants to talk about his marriage and started to listen without any interest.

His father narrated him about Vishwanathan's parents visit and their conversation and things happened after that. Chandrasekar was taken by surprise hearing everything.

He couldn't control his excitement and interrupted his father.

"But appa, Savithri hasn't completed her studies then ..."

His father smiled knowing his question and replied before Chandrasekar completed his words.

"So what, she can continue after marriage. Do you have any problem in that?"

"No no appa, i don't have any problem. She can study whatever and how much ever she wants".

His father got his son's acceptance from this reply itself.

"Ok so.... shall i say them that it's a yes from our side"

He looked at his son in question and Chandrasekar nodded his head immediately.

"Good then, we shall start the preparation for engagement soon. Ok you take rest, i will see you in the morning".

Chandrasekar felt so happy and slept peacefully after many days.

The engagement preparations started immediately after Chandrasekar's acceptance. Chandrasekar's father checked with a purohit for auspicious days to fix the engagement date. He discussed with Vishwanathan's parents to finalise the date.

They ended on a date after two weeks and decided to look for a hall. The same was informed to others at home and the engagement preparations started in full swing.

Chandrasekar was worried all the while thinking about Savithri. He decided to know whether she accepted to marry him on complusion or on whole heartedly.

But he didn't know how to find it, neither he nor Vaidehi can go to their house nor they can come here. After lot of thinking he decided to meet Vishwanathan and speak.

He fortunately met Vishwanathan on his way to hospital one evening when Vishwanathan was returning from office.

Both looked happy seeing each other after long time and expressed the same in words. After initial conversations, Chandrasekar asked about Savithri and told him his feelings.

Vishwanathan was surprised and also felt happy after knowing Chandrasekar's heart. He felt relieved thinking that Savithri would be happy with Chandrasekar and promised him saying he will speak with his sister and let him know about her feelings and thoughts before engagement.

Chandrasekar left to hospital happily after speaking with his friend.

Days moved, but Chandrasekar and Vishwanathan never happened to meet until the engagement day. They met each other only during the engagement ceremony.

Chandrasekar looked at him helplessly but Vishwanathan gave him a warm smile and closed and opened his eyes as if saying everything is fine.

The bride and the groom were allowed to sit together only during the marriage, because of such a custom Chandru and Vishwa couldn't see their brides properly during the ceremony.

The engagement ceremony went on well and the marriage date was fixed within a month's time.

The elders were busy in making all the arrangements while the youngsters were busy with their work.

Savithri was busy in exam preparations but she felt lonely without Vaidehi. Vaidehi was busy with her studies and teaching preparations.

Vishwanathan was helping his parents in the arrangements whenever he got time. Chandrasekar had to travel for medical camps and was busy with his practice.

Except Savithri other three were little relaxed and got ready for the marriage happily. Savithri was worried has she had her last exam on the day after her marriage.

The marriage was fixed on the same day for both the couples but the timings were different. Vishwanathan tied the sacred yellow thread on Vaidehi's neck with Savithri tying the last two nots during the early morning hours.

While Chandrasekar tied the sacred yellow thread on Savithri's neck after two hours with Vaidehi tying the last two nots. Chandrasekar saw her tensed and uncomfortable face and became worried.

He didn't know how to ask her infront of so many people. Noticing his uneasiness Vaidehi came near him and patted his shoulders gently.

Seeing her cheerful face he calmed down and gestured her to sit next to him and told her about Savithri. She assured to take care of her and asked him to relax.

Later when Vaidehi came to know the reason behind her uneasiness she comforted her and passed the same to Chandrasekar.

The day went on with other rituals and all got settled at their home only in the evening. Vaidehi came to her inlaws place and Savithri to hers.

Vaidehi was feeling comfortable in that house because of her mother in law but Savithri was tensed and restless as there was no one to comfort her.

Chandrasekar felt bad seeing her dull face and he wanted to make her feel comfortable and at home. But he couldn't do anything as the house was filled with relatives.

After a minutes thought he made a call to Vishwanathan's house. To his relief the call was attended by Vishwanathan himself and he explained him everything

"I know, i shouldn't ask like this but can you send Vaidehi here for sometime".

Vishwanathan smiled hearing his friends restlessness through his words.

"Chandru, i don't know whether elders will allow her now. But don't worry i will do something or the other. After all you are asking this for my sister only right".

Chandrasekar felt some what relieved after speaking with his friend.

Life changed slowly for all of them. Vishwanathan and Vaidehi understood each other well and their life moved on smoothly. Vaidehi completed her post graduation and continued as lecturer in the same college.

Savithri and Chandrasekar were madly in love with each other but maintained distance till she finished her graduation.

As days passed, everybody was busy with their work and family. After three years of their marriage Vaidehi and Savithri gave birth to Arjun and Aryan and their life became more colourful with their entry.

Years passed and one after the other the elders too passed away due to health issues and age factor. Vishwanathan started his own business after Anuraga's birth which was long awaited dream. Vaidehi completed her Phd and continued in the same college as a professor.

Savithri was in the verge of completing her Phd. She was a senior lecturer in her department. Chandrasekar became a famous Neuro surgeon and was working in a private hospital and also was practising privately with an NGO to assist the needy.

Arjun, Anuraga, Aryan and Adarsh understood their parents working nature and their situation helped them by supporting and taking care of each other in the absence of their parents.

Contd....

Sweetynila, kkrish, IniyaaSri and 7 others like this.
  2. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

Hi Friends,

Have posted the next update. Flash back of elders ends here. Please read it and let me know your comments.

Thank you for all the comments and likes friends. My thanks to the silent readers too, in case some day down the lane if you feel free to share your thoughts about the story and my writing please post them here.

3. Rampuri9

Rampuri9 Silver IL'ite

lovely update priya ..enjoyed reading it

sreeram likes this.
  4. ammusatheesh

ammusatheesh Gold IL'ite

Wonderful flashback...can understand the bonding :)

sreeram likes this.
  5. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@sreeram Enjoyed reading and a similar incident flashed in my mind.one of my schoolmate got married in the morning and wrote the final exam chemistry in the afternoon.she came to school with the bridal costume and every one was happy to see her.This happened in 1971 school final exam .

Adharv, sreeram, Nehaan and 1 other person like this.
  6. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

Hi Adharv,

Generally readers would be waiting for the story's next update. But here every writer eagerly awaits your comment.

It always boosts up our energy and makes us feel good about our writing and also brings smile from our heart. I hope even many readers too wait for your comments. Thanks a ton for being so supportive and providing your comments so genuinely.

Felt so happy and contented reading your fb as always dear. Your questions are answered in today's update, do read it and share your thoughts.

7. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

Thank you so much ma. I am very happy seeing each of your comments for all the updates.

8. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

Hi Rupz,

Welcome to the thread. Thank you so much for taking time to read the so far updates in one go. Am glad that you liked the story and it's characters.

Liked your guessings.....

Your doubts will be cleared in the up coming updates. Have posted the next update. Read it to know who the visitor is.

9. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

Hi Usha dear,

I was waiting for your fb from long time. Thank you so much for coming here and sharing your views.

Feel happy knowing you liked the update and enjoyed the story. Continue reading.

10. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ammu dear,

Long time no see.....

Thank you so much for reading and posting your comments. I was worrying for many days as i didn't get any fb from many of you who used to be there with me in every update in the previous story.

Feeling relieved and happy today after reading Usha and your posts.

I am glad that i was able to convey the bond and love between the family members.

ammusatheesh likes this.