1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Relationship Hijack And Banter

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Sep 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Relationship Hijack and Banter... apt title for Relationship forum chatter thread. :smiley:
    But alas it shortens to... Rehab. :yikes:

Thread to post banter and chatter that would hijack Relationship threads...

... a place for all such thoughts and chatter related to Relationships forum.

2. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Like all the rivers flow into the sea, this is where all the relationship forum posts would eventually end up? ;-)

Archanaanchan, Rihana and Laks09 like this.
  3. Rihana

Along with reln forum posts, one would hope some Ganesha's too find their way to the sea. : )

rbvishal, Laks09 and peartree like this.
  4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Wodehouse once wrote about a character thus: 'Though he was not disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled'.
    Even extreme views can be watered down to a hearty laugh. Let this discussion generate a lot of goodwill, humour and bonhomie!

Viswamitra, vaidehi71, Amica and 3 others like this.
  5. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

“Painting” has also come up. Who would have thought!!!!!

yellowmango and MalStrom like this.
  6. Rihana

In this post: Pls Need Help ! our dear Alam Panah (Protector of the Universe) @sokanasanah was thusly thanked:
    Thanks sokanashani

I have no idea why but it cracked me up. :grinning: Got this image of Soka deciding to change the last few letters of name plate. : )

What name plate? I don't know.. :hmmm:

====
    Fun fact: google search of Sokanashani returned almost nothing. But helpful google suggested Shokanashini. From wiki entry:

Kannadipuzha River is one of the main tributaries of the Bharathapuzha River, the second-longest river in Kerala, south India.

The Kannadipuzha (called as Shokanashini ) originates in the foothills of the Anamalai hills in the eastern fringes of Palakkad district of Kerala. It flows through the southern borders of Palakkad town before joining the Bharatapuzha. ​

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  7. Rihana

I was trying to think of what to write in first post. (See even first posts of regular threads can be challenging to compose, not just Finest Post threads. :grinning:) I toyed with the idea of blessing the thread with Ayushmaan bhava or Deerghayushmaan bhava. : )

gorgeous23, vaidehi71, Amica and 3 others like this.
  8. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Or thirty years hence when you are looking for a place on the Supreme Court bench(née Kavanaugh).

9. Rihana

Not very keen to have such a young person like Kavanaugh with such opinions join the Supreme Court, but I have mixed feelings when women wait till such a moment to bring up past of a man. More so, when they have had sufficient opportunity, ability and support in the past to bring it up.

I just skimmed through that news this morning. It happened when they were in high school? Thirty years ago! Seems more like opportunistic to me rather than doing what's right.

Washington Post: Kavanaugh accuser comes forward - CNNPolitics
    The Post said Ford originally contacted her representative in the House, California Democratic Rep. Anna Eshoo, whose office sent her letter to Feinstein.
    A person familiar with Ford's story said that at around the time she sent Eshoo the letter, Ford discussed with friends how she might go public with her story. Over the past few months, Ford has felt pressure on a personal level to share her story and has grappled with the idea, which partly prompted the letter, the source said.

"Felt pressure on a personal level"? Please. She simply found the best way to create the most ruckus. Or, the Dems found an underhanded way to block the confirmation process.

Laks09 likes this.
  10. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Considering what the GOP did with Merrick Garland I'd say it's fair game.

Laks09 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.