1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Relationships Forum Chatter & Grey Matter

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Jun 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

For life shravs. Nothing really changes for them or for us.

SunPa likes this.
  2. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

I too wanted to comment on it. really mother feeding her son...whats the issue , it is a very lovely gesture actually.

may be that pampering and over protectiveness has kept the son from straying and getting into bad habits , the fruits of which the wife would.enjoy ....

and what's this money jaap from wives , do they only marry for money...and the advice from forum s how to be more cunnier than parents so wife can control husnand ...basically change him from obedient son to obedient husband .....

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  3. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Marital status doesn't matter...at least to me. Hosting anyone longer than a week is a lot of work and a hassle. The truth of the matter is they are not financially ready for a separate establishment.

Gender stereotyping in all its glory. Men do this. Men don't do that. Girls do that . Girls don't do that. Sigh!

4. pinky2cute

pinky2cute Platinum IL'ite

You should stop twisting the real matter by imagining stories when you dontd know the whole truth. :)

shravs3 likes this.
  5. pinky2cute

Talking is easy. Prove it if you do not expect certain gestures from a particular gender?... suppose Can you buy skirts and sarees and kurtis for your son to wear and not think that they should be only worn by girls?
    Can you make your daughter go top less at home just like guys do when relaxing at home amongst family members n not say "girls dont do that".?

See, in society, right from birth gender sterotyping is done atleast in few of the things. I dont say such sterotyping is right always...but truth is certain things are gender specific.. Here nobody is feminist. But some are trying to be pseudo rationalist by imagining one sided stories and cooking other halfs. :)

P.S. no offence meant but I find you a bit rude.

shravs3 and Sunshine04 like this.
  6. pinky2cute

Good you didnt comment. Feeding once in a while is different n feeding an adult married son daily is different . Hope you got it. :)
    And abt money, no wife atleast not me married for money. But a wife only thinks to save for future kids and settling down with husband not for herself alone.
    Very sad that women like you do not understand this or purposedly want to degrade other women to feel a "high".

7. pinky2cute

Exactly sravs...some here try to cook "half stories" and enjoy degrading others.

shravs3 likes this.
  8. pinky2cute

Living as separate family and Going back home once in a while and getting pampered is different from being together in same home living 24x7 together n yet feeding an adult married son daily.

It's that simple.

9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

That was what I meant in my post. In fact, I almost edited the post then itself to say, "once in a while like b'day, special day, a big happy or sad event at home... it is touching to see a parent feeding grown child." But left post as it was. Didn't think it would result in so much hungama.

JAG, I cannot comment on shrav's separate thread and compare/contrast it to pinky2cute's. You want to discuss if there are stereotypes in the IL community, I am game. Bringing in and discussing another thread as an example or to make a point, no. I would not like my separate threads or posts to be pulled from one thread to another by anyone to make a point. I have done so myself in the past and apologized on realizing it.

shravs3 and pinky2cute like this.
  10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Yes, really. With the now-added clarification that the comment was for the act done on a daily basis.

shravs3 and yellowmango like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.