1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Feeling lonely in Virginia :(

Discussion in 'Indians in Virginia' started by BDivya, Jun 24, 2015.

1. waterfall

waterfall New IL'ite

I live near Bennington Woods (Barnstead drive). My name is Rajeswari.

I am working full time, so don't have too much free time.

Do you drive? Go to Reston library and ask them whether they need volunteers. There is also another organization called cornerstonesva.org. You can sign up through their website. Also, there are lot of meetup groups in Reston, join them.

Where do you live in Reston?

2. Sabera

Sabera New IL'ite

I live in Herndon, VA therefore I can only speak for Herndon. There are some volunteering opportunities in Herndon. You can go to the Herndon Public Library, The Closet (it's a thrift store that is run by church), Herndon Community Center to seek for volunteer opportunities. As many have posted already, there are many meetup groups for your sister to join. My only minor complain is that the public transportation isn't that great here. We have bus service but it's not as good as what I experienced in big cities like chicago. Therefore you do run into car dependency.

3. agarwal02

agarwal02 New IL'ite

Hi Deepthi,
    I have also recently moved to Herndon. Looking for an apt with lots of Indians. Any suggestions?
    Where are u staying in Herndon?

4. umaraj123

umaraj123 New IL'ite

Hello IL'S

We are moving to Virginia. We are looking for apartments and schools around Tyson corner , McLean, falls church, fair fax. My daughter will start her kindergarten this fall. Please suggest apartments in the area i mentioned above with good neighbourhood schools and indian community.

5. Gswarna

Gswarna Senior IL'ite

Hi umaraj123, donno if you've already settled.. near Tysons corner and Mclean, the apartments with many indians and close to school are Dolley Madison , the post, commons of mclean