Things Which Make You Feel Out Of Your Generation

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by friendabc, Aug 24, 2018.

1. oliveleaf

oliveleaf New IL'ite

Back in the days, I used to meet all my relatives at my grand parents place for diwali and other occasions. I used to badly wait for such occasions to meet my extended relatives. My grand ma would make rice balls and all cousins would sit around her and she would feed us. But now with time, I hardly get those days again. All my cousins and extended relatives have gotten busy with their lives and even if we meet we don't spend time with each other like before. My cousins are super busy on their whatsapp and facebook and I only find them meddling their phones even during such get-togethers. During my last gettogether my cousins were not happy to sit with my grandma and get her feed us. They were taking their food in a bowl and walked in their room to have by themselves bcz they needed privacy to use their phone constantly. Phone and social media are killing the good times that we had before.

SinghManisha and friendabc like this.
  2. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

I don't think what I feel is out of my generation, but felt in all generations. But as I grow older, I realize how detached our friends are. True, life takes everyone for a spin, but there is less empathy toward our peers, and more importance given to status, jobs, a nice things.

Other thing is weddings. Most of my peers have had large, expensive weddings. They buy all the designer clothes and plan perfectly choreographed events - grand buffet, dance numbers, speeches, nicely edited recap video. I'm happy that they enjoyed their special day, but at the same time, I am confused about the point of such expensive affairs. Nothing wrong with it, but it's just so much stress for something that isn't a lasting life-long memory.

SinghManisha and friendabc like this.
  3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Here's what makes me feel out of my generation. By my generation I mean people about 4-5 years older or younger than me.

1. Most women are experts at multi-tasking and at balancing work and home. Two separate things. I am not.
    2. Men and women are well-informed, well-read and do a lot of research on things like nutrition, healthy living, exercise, and so on. I feel illiterate, dumb and uncaring when they talk about these topics.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  4. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

I am thrifty when it comes to spending money. Buying a minimum for that season when needed rather than investing in expensive items.

I cannot believe, some of my friends who buy expensive items. Their spending surprises me. Some really hint me, 'my hand bag / shoes are xxxx brand! Usually, my response is, looks great.

.....what do they think of mine? It is from TJ max, almost 4-months old :cool::cool::cool::cool: It's time....:D:D:D for my fall collection.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
    Amica likes this.