Gabfest: And Thereby Hangs A Tail

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Cimorene, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

@Anisu,

Can understand your feelings. Hope your sister is all better and you got to have some lighter moments together!

Gauri03 likes this.
  2. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

That is really sweet! : )

kaniths likes this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Who provided the music for the dance?

kaniths likes this.
  4. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

She has recovered now. She had a tough time for more than a month. Thank u very much @Srama.

Srama likes this.
  5. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Hello,
    I somehow missed this thread, I don`t know. Yesterday we started our Tamil school after the vacation. I am so happy that I am teaching the sweet Tamil to the ABCDs fifth year in a row.

kaniths, Gauri03 and jskls like this.
  6. Gauri03

Hi Vidya! Did you want to post this on the positivity thread? I could move it there if you like. I'm sorry if I've misunderstood your intent.

7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Mention of life skills reminded me -- thing2 recently started to learn driving and sits in front passenger seat even when not driving. So we are in downtown of a touristy place, and he suddenly says loudly, "Watch out..." To dad. What happind? A pedestrian had suddenly stepped into the street. : ) Dad had seen the pedestrian... thing2's yell was more reflexive than needed.

After I was done ROFL in the back seat, I presented three fingers and asked DH to pick one. They stood for: i) Out of the mouth of babes. ii) The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. iii) Child is the father of man.

I have no clue if those sayings apply...... all three came to mind at once. : )

SunPa and jskls like this.
  8. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

ha ha good one.

we have to provide them all the skills before they go out in the world on their own. I still didn’t sit in the car when elder one was driving. Have to be courageous and be a passenger soon:)

9. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

No problem,OK

10. Gauri03

Quite the opposite. You hurt a friend inadvertently. You did not intend to but it happened and you realize that. Most people will fail at this very first step -- being aware of their mistakes. You went ahead and apologized. Big step and a courageous one. Not many people are capable of putting aside their ego and offering a simple, unqualified apology. You aced this one. You feel dejected that she didn't reply. Understandable. But think about it, what were your choices? You cannot go back and undo what happened. The only thing in your control was your response to the misunderstanding. You could have argued, refused to apologize, escalated the matter, or let it fester quietly. But you chose to do the hard thing, the right thing. You acknowledged your error and took action to rectify it. You did everything you could do and your conscience should rest easy. Don't punish yourself for what she didn't do. Her response is out of your hands. Is there any point in making yourself miserable over things outside your control?

Something happened unintentionally and you handled it in the best manner possible. You faced a tough choice and you chose well. Not a bad day at all.

kaniths, rachaputi and Viswamitra like this.