1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Deal With Incompatibility

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by shravs3, Aug 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. troubledmom

troubledmom Gold IL'ite

You asked and he answered also. But did you accomplish anything?

Madam, this is too timid steps. Unlike others I don’t feel this is some great victory, sorry if my words hurt you. This has been going on all along. In principle yes he agrees to all you say but implementing never happened - that was causing the original issue is it not?

If you grandly say I want more freedom why would anyone say no?

Don’t confuse yourself. And don’t ask for global abstract kind of things. Be specific when you ask something. And ok is not an answer. We will do it this date time or here is the money go by yourself is the answer you are looking for. He already gave card for dL but you couldn’t use right? So when he gave again why didn’t you immediately say that is no use? Trouble is you get easily impressed with empty gestures, I think.
    Did he repay you for dL money? Tell him that is your emergency fund and that you can’t be dipping into emergency find for regular things.
    start talking about this among your friends circle, innocently ask the wife and tell them - no joint account no card just like you told us. Maybe those friends will explain to him why these things are important- for both of you. Just like we did here

2. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Sure thanks.. Slowly I’m planning to start. I will definitely ask for a new card

SinghManisha likes this.
  3. pinky2cute

pinky2cute Platinum IL'ite

Shravs, whatever u r going through...i had gone through and still going through too.
    I was still studying my post grad when i got married and dh was still in his bachelor behaviour n controlling and not giving me any money.
    Even now i dont hv joint ac with him.
    But slowly he had been taking cr like paying my mobile bills n depositing money in my ac monthly fr mfr my basic needs... Bt still i find this not an ideal setup between couple.

Now I' insisting him to open joint ac n gv me one card ... He says ok bt doesnt do it...ah still long way to go....

sindmani and shravs3 like this.
  4. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Hi pinky,
    Actually I feel the age gap between us could also be a problem. He is just 1 year elder to me. So I feel he is little immature.
    Whereas I have seen some couples with huge age gap are very loving and caring to each other.
    Doesn’t mean he is not loving or caring but I feel some immaturity in him.
    And also his family environment could be major reason since his father is a very dominant person. Sometimes I feel sad for my MIL .

He doesn’t understand few stuffs :hmmm::confundio1:. May be the genes :wink:

5. pinky2cute

pinky2cute Platinum IL'ite

Same age gap fr us too i mean between me n my dh ...
    Yes usually men mature a lil late than women that's why young women prefer older men...bt then age is just a number.... Some ppl are immature despite the growing age. .some learn to mature with experiences the life teach.

Give him time. Dont suddenly claim everything. . take baby steps while increasing his trust in you... I'm on similar path.
    You will surely be able to win over his trust and he will then listen to u n give u card himself.

shravs3 likes this.
  6. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Yes I am taking baby steps now..

7. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Ok today I had some event to attend.. When I informed my DH, without me asking he gave me some money .. He had given me card few days back so I dint ask for money. But today I was surprised since he himself gave the money :tongue:.

8. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Good that you did not take that as an affront. When husbands give small sums of money on occasions, it might cause wives to feel as if they had transacted some mutually beneficial exchange. Not supposed to happen that way in a marriage. However, as you had resolved.... baby steps to the goal.

9. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

why not @shravs3 ?? do it. book the tickets.

sindmani and shravs3 like this.
  10. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

My story is similar . I have a positive hope things will fall in line one day. I have joined Sahasranamam in my community , I am into meditation , so I teach meditation to few interested families in our community. I go for walking with my baby in stroller. I used to feel lost as I too like to go out with my husband especially 1 or 2 hour drive in Saturday or Sunday. But my husband does not like. So I have moved on doing things that gives me satisfaction.

Amica, Gauri03, shravs3 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.