1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

You Are Missing In My Heart!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Rajeni, Jun 2, 2016.

1. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@Rajeni Waiting for next episode.

Rajeni likes this.
  2. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

Rajeni...waiting for Nethra's POV from very long

Rajeni likes this.
  3. Rajeni

Rajeni Moderator Platinum IL'ite

Previous Chapters:

Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 - Part 4 - Part 5 - Part 6 - Part 7 - Part 8 - Part 9 - Part 10 - Part 11 - Part 12 - Part 13 - Part 14 - Part 15 - Part 16 -Part 17 - Part 18 - Part 19 - Part 20 - Part 21 - Part 22 - Part 23 - Part 24 - Part 25 - Part 26 - Part 27 - Part 28 - Part 29 - Part 30 - Part 31 -Part 32 - Part 33 - Part 34 - Part 35 - Part 36 - Part 37 - Part 38 - Part 39 - Part 40 - Part 41

Chapter 42:

“Hello Madam! Good Morning”, she heard a voice very close which also sounded vaguely familiar. She turned to see who it was. Kishore stood there smiling.

“Hey hi”, she greeted, ‘Oh! He is the one who dropped me home. What was his name? Aahhh! I forgot again! It has been four months since that happened’ her mind quickly tried to recollect.

“Kishore!” he said and gave her a knowing smile.

‘How did he know? My face is seriously an open book’ she thought but laughed and asked, “What are you doing here in our unit?”

“Because this is gonna be my unit too going forward”, he said when Praveen walked towards them.

“Hey Nethra! Of course, you guys know each other already but it was my duty to introduce him to the team. So here I go! ‘Meet Mr.Kishore Krishnakumar who has joined our team today - replacement for Swathi” he announced.

“Oh! Welcome to the team”, smiled Nethra.

Swathi was Nethra’s closest friend in office. They both got along well from the day of Induction and their friendship grew as they were placed in the same team. Swathi was getting married and decided to quit as her fiancé was working in a different city. Swathi’s notice period went in all the teasing and galattas around her wedding and her last day also passed with usual cake cutting rituals and speeches.

Swathi’s absence hit Nethra the next day. The person whom she spent all the free time in office with was not with her anymore. Though, she went with her whole team for lunch break, she did not have company for coffee breaks. The rest of the team went down the building during break time for the benefit of Smokers, while non-smokers also went along and had tea. Being the only female in the team Nethra was not comfortable joining them and she had started feeling alone in office.

On one such usual coffee break times, Nethra saw that the other members of her team were already gone to the “Smoking Zone”. While she was debating within whether to get coffee to her desk then or have it later, a voice sounded nearby.

“Hello madam! Busy?” She knew who it was.

“Hey Kishore! You didn’t go down with the others?” she asked as she turned.

“Nope! Being a smoker and running a risk of Cancer is ok, but running that risk without even smoking is unfair! So, I decided to stay away from the smoking zone”, he said.

She laughed at the comment and asked, “So, you don’t smoke?”

“Nah, I don’t! But only that, if you know what I mean”

“Do you mean that you do drugs?” she asked innocently.

“Oh my God! Nethra! I just meant I drink.. that too occasionally. I should better not let you guess things”, he laughed and she joined.

“Coffee?”

“Yup! Lets go”, she said as she locked her system and got up. She felt enthusiastic to have company after a couple of weeks.

“Missing Swati?” he asked.

“Kind of.. yes”, she said and wondered whether he stayed back realizing that she was sitting alone.

From then on, it had become usual for them to go for breaks together and they went with the team for lunch. Even during lunch Kishore made sure that he sat close to Nethra.

It had also become usual that whenever they had late meetings or meetings that conflicted with the scheduled cab timings, he would drop Nethra home. The friendship between them grew gradually and he became her trusted friend in office.

Kishore knew that though he was one of her trusted friends there was nothing more than that atleast from her side. He was also aware about her sensitive nature from all their coffee conversations and he apparently did not want to rush things and end up losing what he had. He decided to wait for the right time.

As this continued for a few months, Nethra happened to meet her college junior Ramya who had recently joined the company as part of next fresher’s batch and from then on Ramya joined Nethra and Kishore during breaks whenever possible.

“Akka busy?” Ramya asked, as she walked towards Nethra’s desk.

“Not much! Shall we go?” Nethra asked locking her screen.

“Yep! I am so sleepy! Can’t manage to keep my eyes open. A good dose of caffeine will do”, Ramya said.

Nethra stood up and looked at the cubicle a few seats away. It was empty. “Oh! Looks like Kishore is not there.. lets go.. I will drop him a text to join us when he is back” Nethra walked beside Ramya unlocking her phone.

The two girls sat with their coffee mugs and Nethra brought her mug close to her nostrils and inhaled the aroma. “Uff! I have to dig my nose into the coffee to sense some aroma it seems.. why cant they just change this vending machine”, she cribbed.

“Actually, Akka…”, Ramya began to say something and Nethra interrupted.

“Rams.. Why cant you just call me Nethra? We are out of college and we call everyone here by their first names don’t we?” She asked.

“That’s true! But, I am so used to calling you akka right? Now, even if I want to change, It sounds so disrespectful”, Ramya said laughing and continued, “so, please let me call as usual.. unless you don’t like it”

“Whats there not to like girl? Of course, I don’t mind”, Nethra shrugged.

“So your fan is not joining today?” Ramya asked as she sipped her coffee.

“Fan?! Who is that now? A fan that am not aware of!” Nethra asked curiosity mixing with her sarcasm.

“Don’t tell me that you don’t know”

“I will not if you say so but that’s the truth”

Ramya checked the cafeteria entrance before she continued, “Come on Akka! I am talking about Kishore!”

“What?! For heaven’s sake! Ramya, he is just a good friend.. You should come out of college girly!” Nethra chided.

Ramya laughed and said, “You should actually be more observant Sissy! That guy don’t even seem to have an eye for anything or anyone when you are near him. Haven’t you noticed the way he looks at you?”

Nethra was taken aback by the comment and she was at a loss of words for a few seconds before she spoke, “You are just exaggerating, I think! I have not felt anything like that”. She tried to brush away what Ramya said, but the seed of doubt began to root in her mind.

“I am not! You can confirm yourself. Keep your eyes open from today and you will soon realize that I am not very far from truth”, Ramya challenged and Nethra rolled her eyes.

“By the way, akka, if you don’t mind me asking, what are you going to do if you find that what I said was true?” Ramya asked.

“Seriously?! You just came up with something which I don’t even believe yet and now you want to know my reaction to it?” Nethra asked in an unbelieving tone and added, “Wait! May be I will tell him that my little junior is the one who is very much interested in him and send him to you. After all, you are the one who had been so closely looking at him to find out where ‘he was looking’!” she said.

“Actually, I don’t mind”, Ramya winked and both the girls laughed.

“So its girl’s time today uh?” Kishore walked towards their table with a mug in hands.

“This is not fair Nethra! See you have started ignoring me after your Junior joined”, he complained.

Ramya threw a quick i-told-you-so glance at Nethra and Nethra who at any other instance would have laughed at the complaint was embarrassed and said in flat tone, “Nothing like that”

Kishore, sensing the difference in her tone, looked at her face and exclaimed, “Hey Nethra! I was just kidding!”

Though she laughed and diverted the topic, a part of her mind started analyzing the way he looked and searched his face to find if there were any hints of what Ramya told.

(Contd.)

Sachini, Bhoonzee, Rampuri9 and 4 others like this.
  4. Rajeni

Thank you Ma! Posted it now!

5. Rajeni

Dear CM! Sorry for the delay! posted it now.

6. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Thanks @Rajeni.
    It is nice getting glimpses of the IT work world. I am learning a lot of new terminology while enjoying the story.
    I am glad there was no nail biting - I had just cut my nails.

Rajeni likes this.
  7. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

:cheer::cheer:cute update ma'am :clap2: Junior ramya is rocking in the very first epi itself :beer-toast1: I agree to ramya sometimes adjusting to the corporate culture esply addressing our boss with their name sounds so disrespectful :facepalm: nose cut vangi vangi change agitten (got changed after the continuous nose cut) you always bring my office atmosphere rajeni ma'am ....infact initial episode abt the Bangalore bandh very much replicated the live scenario what we faced in office. Also swathi's scene was close to what we do @ office :lol: :worship2:
    Okay, Is Kishore genuine guy:confundio1::confundio1: look forward for next update. Thank you and keep rocking.

Rajeni likes this.
  8. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@Rajeni Nethra Kishore love story started.Interesting episode

Rajeni likes this.
  9. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

Love the update...Waiting for further episodes where things has progressed to this stage

Rajeni likes this.
  10. Rampuri9

Rampuri9 Silver IL'ite

Rajeni - by your narrating skills you make every character very interesting and we can visualize them around:) Lovely update

Rajeni likes this.